This guide will help you fix Performance issues such as Lag , Crash and Stuttering with Battlefield 2042
Battlefield 2042 – Fix Crashing / Lagging / Performance Issues
Battlefield 2042 is finally out on major platforms. Developed by DICE and published by EA this game is the seventeenth installment in the series. Improving over the previous title in every possible way Battlefield 2042 looks more promising than ever. Putting you on a map with 128 others players is challenging and tough. All of us who are crazy about FPS games know how important it is to get decent performance and smooth gameplay. It literally becomes impossible to aim and shoot when your frames keep dropping.
Hence we are here to understand the factors which affect performance for Battlefield 2042 and how we can easily fix these to get a decent amount of boost in performance.
Battlefield 2042 System Requirements :
Before we go on to the actual fixes we need to be sure about the configuration that we have and whether or not it will be able to run the game. Most of the times users would just ignore the fact that their PC is just not good enough for a certain game. They would try to force run the game and would end up getting terrible frames , drops and stuttering even when they play at the lowest visual settings possible. The game might even crash on startup or mid way.
Trust me when I tell you this : Nothing works when your hardware is not good enough. I have learnt this the hard way. No matter how much you try to tweak settings here and there , no matter how many fixes you try if the hardware is not good enough you will never be able to enjoy the game. Lets take it this way – Your regular everyday car will not be able to hit 250 mph unless you are driving a Bugatti Veyron.
With that being said lets quickly check the system requirements for this game :
Minimum Requirements :
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10
- Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 1600 / Core i5 6600K
- Memory: 8GB
- Video Memory: 4GB
- Graphics card : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti / AMD Radeon RX 560
- DirectX: 12
- Hard-drive space: 100GB
Recommended Requirements :
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10
- Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 2700X / Intel Core i7 4790
- Memory: 16GB
- Video Memory: 8GB
- Graphics card : Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 / AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT
- DirectX: 12
- Hard-drive space: 100GB SSD
If you have a setup anywhere equivalent to the recommended requirements you will be able to play at smooth frame rates. However minimum or lower will affect the overall performance of the game.
Downloads Required for Battlefield 2042 :
The next thing you would have to ensure is that you have all the essential downloads like the latest driver builds for your GPU , C++ Redistributable ,Net framework etc . Although you will have all of these installed along with your GPU drivers but I will just leave a link for you just in case :
No Background Processes or Overlays :
One of the most important things you need to follow in order to get better performance. Make sure you do not have any broswers or programs running while you are playing Battlefield 2042. Make sure you turn off heavy browsers like Google Chrome , Opera and Mozilla and also ensure you have the Overlays like the Steam, Origin, Discord and Nvidia Off . They interfere too much with your game and cause frame drops whenever they pop up.
Best Graphics Settings for Battlefield 2042 :
Unlike its predecessors Battlefield 2042 does not feature a Single Player Campaign . We all should know by now that performance varies a lot on the mode you play. Performance on Single Player will always be a lot better than Multiplayer. With the introduction of large scale multiplayer such as 128 player servers the game will suffer from performance issues if you do not have the right Graphics Settings .
Here is what I feel are the key visual settings which will give you a decent performance boost for multiplayer :
- Field of View : 90
- Vehicle 3rd Person Field of View : 90
- Motion Blur : 0
- Texture Quality : Low
- Texture Filtering : Low
- Lighting Quality : Low
- Effects Quality : Low
- Post Process Quality : Low
- Mesh Quality : Low
- Terrain Quality : Low
- Undergrowth Quality : Low ( Best visibility at low / less dense foliage)
- Antialiasing Post-Processing : TAA Low
- Ambient Occlusion : Off
- Dynamic Resolution Scale : Off
- DLSS : Off
- Ray Traced Ambient Occlusion : Off
- Nvidia Reflex Low Latency : Enable + Boost (Only for Nvidia Users)
- Future Frame Rate Rendering : On
- Vertical Sync : Off
- High Fidelity Objects Amount : Low
You might have noticed that I have almost everything on Low . The reason is that in online multiplayer the main thing we need is performance. I have seen people with absolute beast PCs play on everything low. Therefore do not feel shy to turn everything down to low. More the performance , better will be your aim .
Battlefield 2042 Crashing on Startup :
One of the main reason the game might be crashing on startup is that it could be running on your integrated graphics instead of your dedicated one. Tis is more common for Laptop users than Desktop. This is how you fix this :
- Type graphics on your windows search bar and then select Graphics Settings
- Now under Graphics performance preference click on Browse ad add Battlefield 2042.exe
- Now click on Options and select High Performance. This will make sure that the game runs on your dedicated GPU.
- Restart your PC or Laptop.
Advanced Launch Options for Battlefield 2042 :
- Select Battlefield 2042 from your Origin Library
- Now click on settings icon
- Then select Game Properties
- Now click on the Advanced Launch Options
- Type this under Command line arguments : “-high – USEALLAVAILABLECORES “
- This will give you a decent enough performance boost in game
- Open Steam and go to Library
- Now select Battlefield 2042 and then right click on the game
- Now select Properties
- Beside the General Tab you will get Launch Options
- Type “-high – USEALLAVAILABLECORES “
- Restart Steam
Repair and Re-Install :
If none of the steps mentioned above work for you , then you might have to repair the game because there might be a corrupted or missing file causing the crash or performance problems.
- Just select the settings icon over Battlefield 2042 and then select Repair
- Just Right click on Battlefield 2042 in the library and select Properties
- Select Local Files tab and click on Verify Integrity of game files
If that does not fix the problem then re installing the game would be the last thing you might try. It could also be an issue from the developers end. If that is the case you might have to wait for a patch fix. I hope the guide was helpful. Do let us know in the comments section down below.