Its finally here , Firebase Z is what Zombie fans had been waiting for. It takes place on outpost 25 , a research facility in Vietnam. The map is free for all and boy am I excited about it. However while playing the Firebase Z mode the game would freeze very often and at times it would just crash. So how do we get that fixed :
COD Black Ops Cold War – Firebase Z mode Freezing and Crashes both PC and PS5
I know how excited we are about the Firebase Z but it is really annoying when the game just freezes for no reason. But actually there could be a reason for the random freezes and crashes. It was a big update and there could be a possibility of a file or two missing or maybe a corrupted file . This normally happens when you pause a download too many times. Hence just follow these steps :
- Open Battle.net
- Select Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War
- Just underneath the Game Title you will find Options
- Click on that and select Scan and Repair
- It will take a sometime since the game is very large.
- Once done you can re launch the game
There you go that is it . This will re download any missing files or any corrupted file and install them again. If you have the PS4 version of the game and you want to play it on PS5 you need to do the following :
- Pre load the update on your PS4
- Plug the hard drive to the PS5
- You will get a prompt cannot install on your PS5
- Just ignore and start Cold War and select Play PS4 version.
This should help you with any crash related issues for Cold War on your PS5.