Imagine playing an action-packed game like Call of Duty without any audio. Right, I cannot. Sadly, there are users out there facing this problem where the game would launch but with no sound.
It does not matter which game mod they head on to, there is no audio for them. If you are one of these users, we have got you covered.
In this guide, we will be talking about some potential fixes that are definitely going to fix any audio-related issues with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.
COD Modern Warfare 3 (MW3)- FIX No Sound /No Audio Issue
In Game Settings:
Let’s start off with the basics. We need to check the audio settings in the game. Most of the time users would just leave their Windows Audio on speakers while their game audio would be selected on their headphones. Or it may be the opposite.
We need to make sure that the same device is selected for both.
- Set the Speaker/Headphone Game Sound Device to Default System Device. In this way, the game will use the Windows Audio Device as the in-game audio device. So if you always want to use your headphones you need to select headphones as your Windows audio device and then start the game.
- Use Windows Default as Speaker Output if you have audio issues with Stereo.
- If you are on Speaker and there is no Audio, change the option Audio Mix to PC Speaker. Similarly, if you are on Headphones and there is no audio, change it to Headphones Bass Boost or simply Headphones.
- Also, check the Master Volume. If it is 0, just increase it. If not, set it to 0 and save the settings. Then go back to Audio Settings again and change it to whatever value you want.
Windows Settings to fix COD MW3 Audio Issues:
Here are some Windows audio fixes for COD MW3.
- Go to the System Tray on the bottom right and select the Speaker icon.
- Check the Volume
- Right-click on it and select Open Sound Settings.
- Select the Output device
- Now Go to Device Properties
- Check the Balance
- Make sure you have Spatial Sound set to OFF.
- Now select Additional Device Properties
- Go to Advanced
- Select a different quality from the drop-down list. There will be a Test option right next to it. Click on that to see if you can hear a sound or not.
If these steps do not fix the “no audio” issue, you might try a file verification check. Most of the time corrupted audio files are the reason for these problems.
- Go to your Steam Library
- Now select Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
- Right-click and select Properties
- Head to Installed files on the left
- Now select Verify Integrity of game files
- Go to your Battle.net library
- Select Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
- Click on the Settings Icon
- Now select Scan and Repair.
It might take a while depending on the size of the game. Restart the client once the verification is done. If you still have the problem, you might want to re-install the game.
There are users who have confirmed that the issue is fixed when they directly plug in their headphones to the PC instead of connecting via a Bluetooth receiver.
You don’t really need to re-install the audio drivers since the problem is only with one particular game. An audio problem with every app would hint towards a driver issue. Since that is not the case. just ignore websites and YouTube videos suggesting a re-installation of your audio drivers.
That is all on “COD Modern Warfare 3 (MW3)- FIX No Sound /No Audio Issue”
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section below and also follow FPS Index for more guides on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (COD MW3).
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.