Frustrated with absolutely Low Performance on Call of Duty : Vanguard ? I will walk you through ways in which you can easily boost FPS for COD Vanguard
COD Vanguard – How to increase FPS | Fix Lag and Stuttering
We finally have COD Vanguard on all all platforms. The game looks great visually and is well optimized. But COD has been very graphically demanding over recent years. You genuinely need to have a good PC in order to run the game flawlessly online. Even on every settings set to low you will encounter frequent frame drops and stuttering. So how do we fix that?
COD Vanguard System Requirements :
Lets start off with the basics. We love playing COD. And this love for us makes us buy COD almost every year. What we do not realize or rather ignore is the capability of our systems to run the game. Trust me running COD Multiplayer is no joke of a task for your PC. Therefore complaining about the game lagging and stuttering when we do not have the right config is pointless. lets quickly check out the requirements for this game.
- OS: Windows 10 64-Bit
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
- GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 / Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 38
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 4-Core 3.5GHz / AMD Ryzen R7 1800X
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
- RAM : 16 GB
So you can easily see how demanding the game actually is. And this is just on paper. Over the years , the sad truth about COD games like Modern Warfare ,Black Ops Cold War etc is that you need much more than the recommended requirements to actually have playable experience Online . Yes COD Online is a lot heavier than you think. Offline works like a charm on most setups equivalent to the recommended requirements but Online is a completely different story.
Also make sure you have updated Video Drivers for COD Vanguard. AAA games like these normally gets dedicated drivers which gives you a decent performance boost.
Makes sure you check the link given above to see if you have updated to the latest version of your GPU.
Best Video Card Settings For COD Vanguard :
Both Nvidia and Amd users can have access to the control panel to make necessary changes to how their GPU should work. Whether it should focus more on visuals or performance.
- Right click anywhere on your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel
- Then click on ‘Adjust image settings with preview’
- Now select ‘Use the advanced 3D image settings’
- Then click on Manage 3D settings
- Now make the following changes :
Power Management : Prefer Maximum Performance
Texture filtering Quality : High Performance
Threaded optimization : On
Vertical sync : Off
- Click on Apply
- Right click anywhere on your desktop and select AMD Radeon Software.
- Under gaming tab choose Global Graphics and set the profile to eSport
Now change these :
- Radeon Anti-Lag : Disabled
- Radeon Chill : Disabled
- Boost : Disabled
- Image Sharpening : Disabled
- Enhanced Sync : Disabled
- Vertical Refresh : Always Off
Turn Off Unnecessary Background Processes and Overlays :
Like I said before, COD requires a lot of resources. Any unnecessary background process like Google Chrome or any other browser or any other executables would only bring down your in game performance. Certain services like Service Host : SysMain would easily consume a lot of Disk and this would result in frequent frame drops.
Therefore we recommend you to have everything turned off while you play COD Vanguard. To turn off SysMain do these :
- Type cmd in the search bar and run right click on Command Prompt select Run as an Administrator.
- Now type the following commands : sc stop “SysMain” & sc config “SysMain” start=disabled.
- After you get a success message close the command prompt and restart your PC.
How to solve COD Vanguard running on Integrated Graphics ? (Laptop users especially)
Laptop users face this problem a lot. The OS will just select the integrated graphics by default to run a game and as a result the user will face a lot of performance issues since the integrated graphics are not strong enough. So if you are Lagging horribly on your decent Laptop that could actually be the case. To change it to dedicated GPU do the following :
- Type graphics on windows search bar and select Graphics Settings
- Now under Graphics Performance Preference click on Browse and select Call of Duty Vanguard.exe
- Now select Options and choose High Performance. Now COD Vanguard will run on your dedicated GPU.
Repair or Reinstall COD Vanguard :
Lastly, corrupted game files could also cause performance issues. Battle.net allows you to repair the game files by re downloading missing or corrupted files and replacing them
- Select COD Vanguard on Battle.net
- Now next to the Play button click on the Options icon
- Then click on Scan and Repair
- Will take a while since the game is very large
- If this does not fix the problem try Re-installing the game. A fresh download can do the trick.
There you go, simple enough ways to get a decent performance boost on Call of Duty Vanguard. If these does not work for you it could be a problem from the developers end. If that be the case you might have to wait for them to fix the game with a patch. If this guide was helpful do let us know in the comment section down below.