It has been over 10 years since Pep departed from Barcelona but his legacy still thrives to this day. There has been no other manager who could redefine football as Guardiola did with prime Barcelona back then.
They were known for their incredibly patient Tiki-Taka style of play where they would overwhelm their opponents with a million passes eventually confusing them and breaking through their defense.
A lot of managers tried to replicate the playstyle but none of them could do it as well as Pep did. However, it is somewhat possible to copy the exact same play style in football video games.
Here is a Custom Tactics guide that shows you how you can replicate Pep Guardiola’s Tiki Taka Style of football in EA Sports FC24.
EA FC 24- Best 433(5) TIKI TAKA Custom Tactics Formation
The 4-3-3(5) formation is one of the best formations for Tiki Taka football. Instead of a Striker who always stays upfront, you get a Center Forward who drops back to help you build up the play.
- This formation works best when played with high depth. You need to win back the ball as quickly as possible. Therefore 68 depth with 40 width will work absolutely fine.
- Use Slow Build-Up with Possession for offense. The main objective is to work around the ball as much as possible. We don’t want to overcrowd the box so set players in the box to either 2 or 3.
Player Instructions for the 433(5) Tiki Taka Custom Tactics:
Make sure you are using these instructions on your players:
- CBs on Stay Back While Attacking.
- LB and RB on Balanced and Overlap.
- The CM with the best defensive stats should be in the center with Stay Back While Attacking and Cover Center instructions.
- The other CM should be on Balanced instructions.
- There should be a CAM-type player as the 3rd CM. Keep him on Get Forward instruction.
- The Winger with the higher pace should be on Get In Behind and Get Into the Box for Cross. The one who is slower or has better passing should be on Come Short and Get Into the Box for Cross.
- The CF should be on Stay Central and False 9. If you have a striker like Mbappe, don’t use False 9. It is more suited to someone like Messi who can pass well.
As we all know, Tiki Taka is about passing the ball around in short triangles. The AI will try to build the exact same setup with the instructions and tactics that I have provided. Try not to rush. Take it slow and work the ball around as much as you can until you get an opening. Don’t feel shy to pass back to your defenders. Look out for the overlapping runs of your fullbacks.
Easily one of the best tactics I have experimented with this year. Try it out and see how it works.
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section below. Also, follow FPS Index for more guides on EA Sports FC24.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.