Are you getting random error messages while using your Steering Wheel like “Controller Disconnected” or “Steering Wheel Not Detected” or it just does not work at all with F1 22 but is fine with other games? Then this guide will help you fix any Steering Wheel issues with the new F1 22 game.
F1 22 – Steering Wheel Not Working / Not Detected | How to Fix
F1 22 is a racing video game developed by Codemasters and published by EA Sports. It is the fifteenth entry in the F1 series by Codemasters. The game holds an official license for the 2022 Formula One and Formula 2 championships.
Racing games are best when you play them with Steering Wheels like the Logitech G923, G29, Thrustmaster T248, and more. However, it seems like a lot of users are currently facing a problem with the wheels in F1 22.
A lot of them a complaining about the wheel getting disconnected with an error “controller disconnected” or they would not identify the wheel or rather show a message “Not Detected”. Wheels are no cheap controllers. They are quite expensive and I know there are a lot of people who buy wheels just to play racing games like F1 22.
This is why we are here. To talk about possible fixes for any Steering Wheel-related problems.
How to Fix Steering Wheel Problems :
Here are a few fixes which you can try to see if the Steering Wheel problems get fixed for you or not.
Let’s start off with the basics :
- The first thing you have to do is to make sure that the controller is working or not.
- For that go to Control Panel>> Hardware and Sound>> View devices on your PC and check if the Wheel is detected or not.
- If the Steering wheel is not detected over there then change the USB port to check and see if the prob lies with the port or if it is the wheel. If the problem is with the wheel then unfortunately you would have to get it replaced as it could be a faulty one.
If the Wheelworks fine but does not work with F1 22 only :
- Launch Steam
- Go to Library and then Home
- Now Select F1 22
- Right-click and select Properties
- On the left select Controller
- Now under Override for F1 22 click on the drop-down and select Enable Steam Input.
- Restart Steam
If this still does not fix the issue then do these steps :
- Go to Big Picture Mode
- Now go to Library
- Now select F1 2022
- Click on Manage Game
- Now select Controller Options
- Under Steam Input per-game setting, click on the drop-down and select Forced On
This should fix the problem with the Steering Wheel not getting detected or randomly disconnecting all the time in-game. If it doesn’t it could a problem from the developer’s end. Wait for a patch fix if that is the case.
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section down below. Also, keep following FPS Index for more F1 22 content.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.