Does Far Cry 6 keep lagging on your PC? Well, we are here to get it fixed right away
FAR CRY 6 – Get more Performance FIX Lag and Stuttering
We finally have Far Cry 6 on all major platforms. Yes, we finally have a Far Cry game after 3 years. This one is set is Yara, a fictional country in the Caribbean ruled by a dictator who wants to restore his country back to its days of glory by any means necessary making the situation extremely chaotic. The story so far sounds catchy and the game plays well too.
However, there are a lot of users who are currently complaining about optimization problems. The game would keep lagging and stuttering with frequent frame drops. Most of the time it would just be the hardware. When we try to force run a game on a setup that is not good enough we will have performance issues.
System Requirements for Far Cry 6 :
First things first, you need to have the right configuration in order to run Far Cry 6 smoothly. You cannot expect to get stable frames on hardware which is not recommended for the game. This is the main reason users have performance issues on most demanding games. With that being said let’s quickly check the requirements for Far Cry 6.
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz or Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 460 4GB or Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 4GB
- STORAGE: 60 GB
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X / Intel Core i7-9700
- RAM: 16 GB
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
- STORAGE: 60 GB
Well, if you have a setup close enough or better than the recommended requirements you would be able to get a stable frame rate at 1080p. Taking the resolution beyond that would only result in lower performance unless you have a beast PC. However, running the game on a config lower than the minimum requirements would give you a lot of performance issues to the point where the game might not even launch.
Also, make sure you have the latest drivers for your Video Card. Check the link below to find out if you have the latest drivers installed. AAA games like Far Cry 6 normally get a dedicated driver.
Also, make sure you have no background applications running. Browsers like Google Chrome, Opera, and Firefox consume a lot of memory. the more tabs you have open the more memory it will consume. Leaving you not enough for smooth gaming. Hence you need to have everything turned off.
Also, turn off overlays. Overlays can be useful but most of the time they just interfere with performance, especially Nvidia and Discord.
Try reducing the in-game graphics to Low. This should give you a decent boost in fps. But there are some users with good enough PCs who are still having problems with the game. You can try these steps and see if things turn out better for you.
Control Panel settings for Far Cry 6 :
Users can play around with control panel settings for both Nvidia and AMD. You can literally make your GPU run the way you want it to. Basically, you can set where exactly the focus needs to be. Either you go for a balanced setup, you can go for better visuals
- Right-click and select NVIDIA Control Panel
- Now click on ‘Adjust image settings with preview’
- After that select ‘Use the advanced 3D image settings
- Then click on Manage 3D settings
- Change the following :
Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
Texture filtering Quality: High Performance
Threaded optimization: On
Vertical sync: Off
- Click on Apply
- Right-click on your desktop and select AMD Radeon Software.
- Go to the gaming tab and select Global Graphics and set the profile to eSport
Make these changes now :
- Radeon Anti-Lag: Disabled
- Radeon Chill: Disabled
- Boost: Disabled
- Image Sharpening: Disabled
- Enhanced Sync: Disabled
- Vertical Refresh: Always Off
Turn Off SysMain Service :
Service Host: SysMain is a service that you do not necessarily need. The sad part is that it takes up a lot of the disk causing frequent fps drops and stuttering. Therefore I recommend turning off the service :
- In the windows search bar type cmd and then right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as an Administrator.
- Now type the following commands: sc stop “SysMain” & sc config “SysMain” start=disabled.
- You will get a success message after a while. restart your PC.
Additional Command Line Arguments for Far Cry 6 (Epic Games):
This step does wonders for the game. You will realize how smoothly the game runs once you follow these steps :
- Open Epic games
- Go to Settings at the bottom section
- Scroll down and look for Manage Games
- Now select Far Cry 6 and click on Additional Command Line Arguments
- Type this in the box: “-high – USEALLAVAILABLECORES ” (without the quotes).
These steps should help you fix any performance issues for Far Cry 6. If they don’t you might want to re-install or re-download the game again. At times corrupted or missing files could be the reason for lag and stuttering. A fresh installation might do the trick. If nothing works for you then you might want to wait for a patch fix since the problem might not be with your system at all. If this article was helpful please let us know in the comment section down below.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.