FIFA 21 has brought a lot of new gameplay features compared to its previous installments which lets us enjoy the game like never before. Users did complain about the AI defending of FIFA 19 and 20 and hence this year EA has somewhat reduced the effectiveness of AI defending and that would be the biggest change they made this year. We can no longer rely on the AI to do the job for us.
Other features would include the Agile dribbling , Creative Runs, Directed Runs, Player Lock and so on. Bu we are not here to explain the new features. We are here to know what the Meta is this year for FIFA Ultimate Team . So what is it? Lets find out
What is the FIFA 21 Meta ? Easy Wins in FUT
FIFA always had some aspect of the game which was more dominant that the other. Like last year the Meta was Agility and Balance with a height of 5’6″ to 5’10” . More the height , harder will be for the player to make quick turns . A good weak foot also helped at certain situations .
This year the scene is very different. The game is more manual this year .Like defending , manual player runs and even headers are manual. The way players would make runs is so hard to track . So what is meta this year?
- Agile Dribbling – All the new features in the game is absolutely overpowered . But agile dribbling is the easiest to do and hence you will find more people actually using it online. This feature is easy to learn but hard to master . But when done effectively you can literally make your opponent cry for mercy .
- The Meta Height – We all know that the meta height last year was 5’6″ to 5’10” . Anywhere beyond that would feel clunky and the players would turn like trucks no matter how agile the stats were. However the body type did at time compensate for the height. A lean body type is what we looked for last year. But this year things are a bit different. Height does bring on a little clunkiness but it is not as bad as last year. So tall and strong players are back in the game as long as they have decent agility and dribbling stats.
- The Meta Stats – Last year we looked for good acceleration, agility and balance . ofcourse those are one of the most important stats in every FIFA . But it was very dominant last year. This year too we have almost the same meta. Pace is key this year and the most important stat this year would be agility and dribbling . Height and strength is not that huge a deal this year as long as the player has decent dribbling stats. Players with 60 shooting could also finish like a pro so that would be the stat where we should try not to focus too much on while buying players this year.
- The Meta Tactics – It seems like tactics have a huge impact this year. The offensive AI is improved which makes it easier to create chances. However Fast Build up and Balanced seems to work absolutely fine. Get in behind for your Strikers and Stay back while attacking for you back four and CDMs are key. People are playing at low depth (3 or maybe 2) to stop the forwards from making runs easily . So depth around 2-4 combined with Balanced defensive tactic is fine this year.
- The Meta Moves – Shooting is good this year. Players with low shooting stats do not struggle at all. If you get a good enough chance you will score 9 times out of 10 . Finese shots from inside the box are a good way to finish. But Driven Shots are the real deal. They are literally broken and lets you score everytime. Similarly for crosses the Driven Cross is another broken move this year. It seems to find its way to the attackers very often and most of the time you don’t even have to head the ball since you can just volley it like a rocket.
So this what we can consider to be Meta for FIFA 21 at the moment. Sadly if these get patched they wont be as effective as they are now. For what it seems like there are chances that the driven cross and the driven shots will get patched . I am not too sure about the agile dribbling though. Enjoy the game.