Fifa 21 has improved a lot on its passing and offensive gameplay. With the introduction of manual runs, the attack never felt more fluid and smooth. The pace is very effective and so is dribbling. But how long can we actually ride the stats of an individual player? Football has always been a team game. So in order to make the team work as a unit we need to have the right set of custom tactics and instructions.
FIFA 21- Meta Tiki Taka Formation Custom Tactics 4-3-2-1/
FIFA Ultimate Team
Tiki Taka is perhaps our favorite style of football. Even though it isn’t as popular now but back when Barcelona was literally running rings around the opponent’s defense under Pep Guardiola , it had been quite a treat to watch. So how do we replicate the same game style in FIFA 21? Yes, we have the perfect tikitaka formation and custom tactics with proper instructions to ensure you have the exact same tiki-taka-based gameplay.
The formation is the key to this tactic. Sorry, but you will not be able to play tiki-taka as effectively with any other random formation. The formation we used is 4-3-2-1. The reason why we used this formation instead of the basic 4-3-3 is only that this formation has wings that are actually Left and Right Forwards and are very close to the Striker. Which helps you play short passes very easily. If we had wings instead the gap would be way too much for one-touch passing even with proper instructions.
Custom Tactics :
Now, this is what we are waiting for. The custom tactics.
Defensive Strategy :
- We have the Defensive Style as Press After Possession Loss. We need to win the ball back quickly if we lose it. This strategy is basically about keeping the pressure on.
- We do not go beyond 4 bars for Depth. The reason is simple. FIFA this year will punish you for over-committing. Online players will use super fast wingers to catch you on the counter. So we just want to stay on the safer side
- The width is will be 5 bars. Lower will expose the wings. Higher will make gaps in the middle.
Offensive Strategy :
- The offensive Style should be Possession. Obviously, since we need to play one-touch football. Possession is the best way we can achieve that.
- The width should be at 1 depth. I have experimented with higher values. But this felt the closest to the Tiki Taka style we are familiar with. Higher width only had my players go wider for some reason. Therefore I had to bring them closer by lowering to width to a minimum.
- For Players In Box, the more the value, the more the number of players that might make a run in the box. Now Tiki Taka is not about overcrowding the box. It is about creating chances manually with one-touch passing. Keeping Players in Box at 1 helps in maintaining the shape of the formation. I can trigger manual runs anytime and I will have more options to pass around.
- Corner and Free Kicks are good at 32 bars only.
Player Instructions :
Players’ instructions are very important for this tactic :
- Back 4 should be at Stay Back While Attacking
- CM should be at Stay back While Attacking and Cover Center.
- For your RCM and LCM, the more offensive player should be at Get Forward and Get Into The Box for Cross with Cover Center. While the more defensive player should be at Stay back While Attacking and Cover Center.
- Left and Right Forward should have only False 9 instructions and the rest should be default balanced.
- The striker should have Stay Central and Get In Behind .
Hopefully, these tactics will replicate the most famous Tiki Taka tactic. Will help you play one-touch football like never before. Enjoy the game.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.