This guide will help you get consistent with Knuckleball Shots during Open Play in FIFA 22 after the new Title Update 14 released in July.
FIFA 22 – How to do Knuckleball Shot After New Title Update 14
I wouldn’t say FIFA 22 is perfect. It never is and I don’t think it ever will be. Infact no game can actually be perfect with absolutely zero flaws. Then why do we keep playing the game even if it is not close to being perfect ?
Well, the answer to that is how quickly issues get addressed in a game. Active developers who would address issues quickly and make changes to improve the game is what a successful franchise needs.
The fact the EA has dropped a gameplay patch in July not only surprises me in a good way but also makes me feel that maybe in the next title they might just make the changes we all wanted throughout the year.
I personally hated AI blocks in the game and that was nerfed giving me a personal best of 18 wins this weekend league. Tells you how much difference a change like that could make. It had basically nothing to do with the skill level of the player.
New skill move introduced which could prove to be a really effective one, and we also have AI tackling distance reduced. Its finally good to see EA making changes which actually could make the game more skill based rather than AI driven, auto block , auto tackle, park the bus, counter attack simulation.
How to easily perform Knuckle Ball shots from Open Play :
Another feature of the new patch would be the introduction of a knuckleball shot during open play and not just during a free kick. Yes, you can now finally do the knuckleball shot to score easy goals during the game.
Let me clarify one thing here. The outside foot shot and the knuckleball is are very different from each other. Since we did not have a knuckleball shot from open play we always ended up with the Outside foot shot animation. But not anymore as I will tell you how we can easily perform a knuckleball shot.
According to EA :
“Increased the likelihood of a knuckle ball shot occurring when requesting a high-powered shot while the ball is 0.67 meters/2.2 feet from the player’s feet”
Well, this means that to trigger a knuckleball animation you would have to shoot the ball when it is 0.67 to 2.2 meters away from the shooter. This is how you can trigger it :
- With a regular shot while running making sure the direction of the shot is exactly where the shot taker is facing. So if the shot taker is facing right, straight towards the goal, you will shoot a regular shot with right as your direction.
- You can also trigger with a directional nutmeg towards the direction you are facing and then shooting a regular shot in the same direction.
- You cannot trigger a knuckleball if the ball is close to your feet and you are doing ball roles or just walking slowly with it.
- You can do a timed knuckleball shot by pressing the shoot button again when the player is just about to kick the ball.
- Power of the shot depends on the distance. I would say go with 2.5 to 3.5 bars of power.
As the patch notes say there is a likelihood that you could trigger a knuckleball. It is not guaranteed. I have tried it in game and the likelihood of it is more or less around 70%.
There you go, that is all that you need to know about knuckleballs from open play.
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section down below. Also keep following FPS Index for more FIFA 22 related content. and guide.