Ps4 Controller not working for FIFA 22 on Origin ? Well, here is an easy fix for you.
FIFA 22 – How To Use PS4 Controller on Origin | Not Working | Fix
FIFA 22 on keyboard doesn’t feel right does it. Imagine the disadvantage you would have against users with controllers. They would literally have the luxury to turn anywhere within 360 degrees while you work with only 45 . Controllers do give us the best possible experience in sports games.
However let me tell you that Origin does not support the PS4 Controller. Yes, you cannot get it to work on Origin no matter what. So what do we do about it ? Is there a solution ? Ofcourse there is . That is why we are here aren’t we ? I will show you how you can easily fix this problem.
How to Solve the Controller Problem on Origin?
Firstly you got to be sure whether the controller is fine or not. Connect your controller to the USB and then do the following :
Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> View Devices and Printers
Check whether you see your controller over here. If not then plug it in another USB or plug a different device like a flash drive on the same USB and check if the controller is working or not. If it is there you know that the PC is identifying the controller.
Now like I said before PS4 controller would not work if you launch the game from Origin. What you basically need to do is , launch the game from Steam and use Steam’s PS4 drivers and settings to use the PS4 controller for FIFA.
You need to follow these steps :
- Go to Steam Library and at the bottom click on Add Game and the click on Add a Non Steam Game
- Browse through your games and add FIFA 22 by checking the box next to it and then click on Add Selected Programs. You will get to see FIFA 22 in the Library now.
- Now on the top right corner of Steam you will see the Big Picture icon. Click on it.
- Now go to Settings in Big Picture Mode by cliking on the settings icon . And then select Controller Settings
- Check the boxes for PlayStation Configuration Support and Xbox Configuration Support
- Click on your controller below and select Identify. The controller will vibrate
- Now go back and then select Library and FIFA 22
- Now Click on Manage Shortcuts
- Then click on Controller Options
- Uncheck both the options and then click on Steam Input Per-Game Setting and select Forced On. Finally click on OK
- You will now be able to play FIFA 22 with the PS4 Controller even if you have bought the game on Origin.
There you go, now you can enjoy the FIFA 22 using a PS4 controller even when you have bought the game through Origin. If this guide was helpful please let us know in the comment section below.