Does FIFA 22 keep Crashing on your console ? No worries, we will get it fixed for you in no time. This guide will deal with FIFA 22 crashing or freezing on your PS4 , PS5 , Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X and Xbox One
FIFA 22 PS4 PS5 Xbox- Crashing , Freezing , Not Loading | Crash Fix
The wait is finally over for us football fans. FIFA 22 is finally out on all major platforms. Powered by Football , EA brings a set whole new features this year including the Hyper Motion for next gen consoles. Gameplay and Visuals are drastically improved. However it seems like a lot of users are having issues with the game on their consoles. The game would keep crashing no matter which console they play on. I will take you through some easy troubleshooting steps which will definitely fix any problem occurring with FIFA 22 on all consoles.
Why FIFA 22 Crashes on your console ?
Firstly , we need to understand why a game would suddenly crash on your console – PlayStation and Xbox :
- The System Software is not updated
- You lost your Internet connection
- Too much Cached Data
- Corrupted Local Save Files
- Database Errors
Incase you want to know how to get your system software updated , here it is :
Settings >> System Software Update
Settings >> System >> Updates and Downloads >>Update Console >> Also check Keep my console up to date & Keep my games and apps up to date
For your internet connection you do not have much to do about it . You would just have to call your Internet Provider. Or it could be possible that EA Servers are currently down and the game just crashed as it disconnected you from the server.
Too much Cached Data and Database Problems ?
So how do we deal with Cached data and Database Problems ? Well, lets say we can deal with both at the same time. The PlayStation consoles are infamous for its frequent Database errors. What does a Database system do ? Lets say it allows the apps and the games that your run on the console to get access to the required data to continue running. If they cannot have that access they would probably just crash leaving you nothing but a complex looking Error Code like CE-34878-0 .
This is how we deal with Cached data on PS4 and PS5 :
- Unplug the power plug from the console and leave it turned off for like 2-3 minutes. This is pretty much done for your PS4 . The Cached Data will automatically be removed.
- Now hold the power button for like 8-9 secs until you hear 2 beeps. Let go on he 2nd beep sound and the console will boot up in Safe Mode.
- Connect the controller with the USB port and press the PS button
- Select the option Rebuild Database for PS4. This will take a while depending on your storage. For PS5 however select Clear Cached Data and Rebuild Database. You will get two more options – Clear Cached Data & Rebuild Database. Select both for your PS5 .
Rebuilding the Database basically is like Defragmenting your hard drive. Arranging data in a way that it is easily accessible to all the app and games that your run on your PlayStation console.
This is how we deal with Cached data on the Xbox consoles :
- Go to Settings >> Devices and Streaming> Blu Ray>> Persistent Storage>>Clear persistent Storage
For users who do not have the Blu Ray option under Device & Streaming
- Turn off the console and unplug the power cable
- Leave it unplugged for 5 minutes
- Turn it back on. You will see a screen with the Xbox logo. Cached data will be cleared.
Local Save File problems ?
Corrupted save files are like the most common reason for random crashing. If clearing out cached data and rebuilding database does not work for you then definitely it could be the corrupted save files.
This is how you remove saved data from PlayStation 4 only :
- Go to Settings >> Storage >>Saved Data>> FIFA 22
- Now press the options button on the controller. Then select all the saves and hit Delete. This will remove all local save files from your hard drive
Remove the local saves for FIFA 22 on your Xbox consoles like this :
- My Games and Apps >> FIFA 22 >> Press menu button on controller >> Manage games & add-ons>> Saved data
- Now if you select Delete All it will still be synced on Xbox Live. So individually select the save files and then click on Delete from everywhere. This will remove your saved data from the cloud as well.
Xbox Insider Hub (Xbox Series S and X only)
The Xbox Insider Hub lets you have access to features and updates which are still in development. Surprisingly this app prevents your games from crashing.
Xbox Inside Hub>>Xbox Update Preview>Manage>>Select Xbox Update Preview Alpha Skip-Ahead
Even though it says that “Users may encounter bugs”, just ignore that. It will stop your games from crashing anyhow. This fix actually works. Try it out.
There you go , easy steps on how to quickly fix FIFA 22 from crashing on your console. If this guide was helpful do let us know in the comment section below.