Looking for a good 4-4-2 Custom Tactic that would help you win matches? In this guide, we would be discussing about the custom tactic that I am currently using with the 442 formation, which is working like a charm in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team.
FIFA 23 442 Best Custom Tactics in FUT
FIFA 23 is out on all the major platforms. The users would be the happiest since they could finally enjoy the next-gen version of the game. The game looks great visually but the main difference would be in the gameplay.
The dribbling in this game is so slow and it is very difficult to effectively get those little touches. It seems like the meta in this game would be properly timed through balls as of now. This is why you need to have the right custom tactics to get the best player movement.
Wide formations seem to work fine year. Which is why we are going to use the 442. After using almost all the formations in the game, I could easily rank 442 in the top 3 this year.
Let us talk about the best custom tactics that you can use with the 442 to win almost every match.
4-4-2 Formation Meta Custom Tactics :
Check out the 442 custom tactics below :
- The Defensive Style should be Balanced.
- The width should be 47
- The depth should be 62 because the 442 is an attacking formation. There is no point in trying to make this formation defensive. So we are using high depth to put pressure on the opponent.
- Keep both Build Up Play and Chance Creation on Balanced. The Balanced build-up and creation seem to work the best with wider formations this year.
- The width should be 46
- Players in the Box should be 6. we do not want to over-commit.
Player Instructions for the 4-4-2 Formation :
Without the right instructions, you would not get the best out of this formation.
- Back 4 on Stay Back While Attacking
- More attacking CM on Balanced and Cover Center while the more defensive CM should be on Stay Back While Attacking and Cover Center.
- LM and RM on all Balanced instructions
- One Striker on all Balanced instructions and the other striker on Get in Behind only.
It seems like balanced instructions for LM and RM as well as strikers, work best with the 442 formation. It lets the AI decide when to do what. Since the formation is wide if all the players were to go forward then passes will get easily intercepted.
How to Play the 442 :
In this formation, you need to get the ball to the strikers as quickly as possible. Most of the time it would be the striker on balanced instructions who would be receiving the ball. Once he receives the ball trigger the other striker for a run. Make sure at least one striker is fast enough to outrun the defenders.
Once the other striker makes the run you could lob the ball to him or just go for a grounded through ball. Or you could use the space which just opened up because the other striker made a run to build your attack.
Make use of the side midfielders by getting those through balls to them. Do not worry about defense as this year the players on balanced instructions automatically come down to defend.
Try to do 1-2 pass within the strikers gets past the defenders.
I hope the guide was helpful. Please, let us know in the comments section down below. Also, follow FPS Index for more FIFA 23 related guides throughout the year.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.