If you are finding it super difficult to break your opponent’s defense in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team, then you have come to the right place.
This guide is about the most meta 4-3-2-1 Custom Tactics for creating more chances in attack and scoring easily.
FIFA 23 Best 4321 Formation Custom Tactics for scoring easy goals in FUT
FIFA 23 Ultimate Team is more competitive than ever. I personally feel that the game is a lot different this year. It is a nightmare for dribblers or people who rely a lot on left-stick dribbling.
It seems like the only proper way you could beat the defense is by timing your through balls well and planning your attack. Since you do not really have the precise left-stick dribbling this year, holding onto the ball for a long time with one player is a big no.
You would easily get tackled and you would not be able to move out of the situation. This is where your custom tactics pay off. It is essential because player movement is the meta this year. The better the move, the more runs they make, and the more chance for you to score.
Custom Tactics for the 4-3-2-1 in FUT 23 :
Here is the Custom Tactics that I am using with the 4-3-2-1 this year :
- We are going with a Balanced Defensive Style. You can use Pressure on Heavy touch or Possession Loss as well but only if you are really good at defending.
- The width should be 45 and the Depth should be 72 since we are trying to put pressure on the opponent.
- Build Up Play should be Balanced.
- Chance Creation should be Direct Passing since we need our LF and RF to make those runs.
- The width should be 55 and the Players in the box should be 7.
Player Instructions for the 4-3-2-1 Formation in FUT 23 :
The right set of instructions will help you get the right player movement for this formation.
- Back 4 should be on Stay Back while Attacking
- CM with the best defensive stats should be in the center. Use Stay Back While Attacking and Cover Center on him.
- Keep the other 2 CMs on Balanced and Cover Center. Use a CAM or a Winger as one of the CMs. You may put Get Forward on him if you want.
- LF and RF should be on Stay Forward and Get In Behind.
- ST should be on Stay Central only.
How to Play the 4321 :
The 4321 is not like the 4231 where you have to play slow. You need to make quick attacks and use the wings as much as possible.
One of the best ways to attack with this formation would be to spot the LF and RF on their runs forward. Then use a through ball pass to them. Run towards the goal and then cut it back to the striker for an easy finish. You can do this both ways.
Use an agile player like Bernardo Silva as a CM who can go forward, dribble and make passes. Someone like Messi would also do the trick.
Make sure your LF and RF have good pace on them and your ST needs to have good finishing and attack positioning. If he is tall and slow you may use Target Man on him. Or else just keep him on Balanced.
The rest of your gameplay should be based on how your players are moving on the pitch.
I hope the guide was helpful. Please, let us know in the comments section down below. Also, follow FPS Index for more FIFA 23 related guides throughout the year.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.