Tired of playing 41212 (2) and the 4231 formation in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team? Need a new overpowered custom formation and custom tactics to dominate your opponent offensively?
Well, this guide will be about the 4-3-3 (4) formation and the best attacking custom tactics that you could use with it.
FIFA 23 Best Meta 433(4) Attacking Custom Tactics in FUT
FIFA Ultimate Team is undoubtedly the most played and also the most enjoyable FIFA game mode ever. Its popularity is mainly because of the fact that you get to build your own team with your favorite players and then compete against other players online.
We love football and we love multiplayer, combine both and we go crazy. Since FIFA 23 Ultimate team is so competitive there is a constant need to get better players and build better tactics to help you in different scenarios.
For the last 3 years, 2 striker formations had been meta all the time. We do not really see guys playing the classic 4-3-3 formation and its variants. The only 1 striker formation that people would use would be the 4231.
We are going to talk about the 433(4) which is an attacking 433 variant and also a more attacking and wider variant of the 4231.
Best Custom Tactics for Attacking with the 4-3-3 (4) Formation :
We will be talking about an attacking custom tactic. So you might not want to start the game off with this tactic. It is up to you, however, I would recommend playing this if you go a goal down.
- The Defense Style should be Pressure on Possession Loss. We are trying to put pressure on and win back the ball as quickly as possible.
- The width should be 51
- Depth should be 72. To put pressure on the opponent we need to play a high line.
- Build Up Play for this formation should be Fast Build Up. If you feel your players are moving forward too quickly, change it to Balanced.
- Chance Creation should be Balanced. It works great this year.
- The width should be 61 and Players in the Box should be 7 so that we could overload the box.
- Corners and Free Kicks should be 1 or 2 each.
Player Instructions for the 4-3-3(4) Formation :
Use these instructions to effectively use the width of the formation to your advantage.
- Back 4 should be on Stay Back While Attacking.
- Both CMs should be on Stay Back While Attacking, Cover Center, and Stay on the Edge of the Box for Cross.
- The LW and RW should be on Stay Wide and Get In Behind.
- The CAM should be on Stay Forward and Get Into The Box for Cross.
- The Striker should be on Stay Forward, Stay Central, and Get in Behind.
How to Play the 433 (4) Formation :
The main reason why the 433(4) formation is so attack-oriented is the width of the formation. It’s a wide formation that forces the opponent’s defense to lose shape and become wider so that the fullbacks could mark the wingers.
We are using Stay Wide on the wingers so that they increase the width of the formation and force the full-backs to drift wider. This will create space in the middle for my CAM and ST. If your opponent is playing low defense width then you would find your wingers always outside unmarked waiting for a through pass.
We are not going to try and make this formation defensive. You won’t be able to defend with this formation against good players. But what you can do is quickly put pressure and get a goal with this one. So use it when you go down by a goal. You can start with this but change the moment you score.
Through balls to the wingers would be key. Through ball to the striker with the CAM and CMs would also be your target most of the time. Always look for open wingers and lob the ball to them.
You would occasionally find your full-backs pushing forward even with stay-back instructions. That is because of the attacking nature of the formation. Don’t feel shy to get those long through balls to the fullbacks if they make that run.
I hope the guide was helpful. Please, let us know in the comments section down below. Also, follow FPS Index for more FIFA 23 related guides throughout the year.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.