Saudi Arabia managed to pull off one of the greatest upsets in World Cup history as they defeated the mighty Argentina. Wondering how to replicate the same strategy on FIFA 23 Ultimate Team?
Well, you have come to the right place. This guide will help you replicate the exact playing style of Saudi Arabia in their first World Cup match against Argentina.
FIFA 23- Saudi Arabia Custom Tactics for WC 2022
22nd November 2022, the world witnessed one of the biggest upsets in World Cup history. Saudi Arabia managed to come back from a goal down to an amazing 2-1 victory over Argentina.
If you have watched the match, you would have noticed the difference in the strategies of the two teams. Saudi Arabia played a really high line with constant Offside Traps which ruined most of Argentina’s attacks.
For some reason, they could not cope with the defensive style of Saudi Arabia. On top of that, the players were so physically fit and strong that they won back the ball in the most important of duels.
Incorporating this exact same game style in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team or FUT would be extremely difficult as the gameplay is not programmed that way. However, we can still replicate most of it in the game and this guide will help you do that.
Saudi Arabia Custom Tactics vs Argentina in World Cup 2022:
The formation that we are going to use for the Custom Tactics would 4-2-3-1. I know, they played 4-4-1-1 in the game but to get a constant back 6 as they had in the game, you need to use the 4-2-3-1 formation.
- The Defensive Style should be Balanced. Pressure Tactics are nerfed. So we have to stick with Balanced.
- The Width should be between 40-50
- The Depth should be between 70-80. I am using 74 at the moment.
- Build Up Play should be Balanced.
- Chance Creation should be Direct Passing so that the forwards make those runs.
- The width should be 56. We do not need a really wide formation.
- Players in Box should be 4. We do not need box overcrowding.
- Corners and Free Kicks should have 2 bars each.
This is the most important part of the tactics. Use these exact player instructions:
- Back 4 on Stay Back While Attacking.
- Both CDMs should be on Drop Between Defenders. Yes, the point is to create a back 6 which is only possible if the CDMs drop in between the defenders. Use tall physical CDMs with high defensive work rates.
- RAM, LAM, and CAM should be on Come Back in Defense and Get into the Box for Cross
- The Striker should be on Balanced and Get in Behind.
How to play with Saudi Arabia’s Custom Tactics?
This would not be a Park the Bus formation. You could see that I have used 74 depth which will keep my defense line high up the pitch as Saudi Arabia had in the game. I would not say that the tactics in FUT will work the same way as the strategy used by Saudi but it will be more or less similar.
High defensive work-rated CDMs are a must for this type of tactics. They would stay back between the 4 defenders. Now you would have to manually trigger Offside Trap from the D-pad the moment you see your opponent is about to make a long ball or if you see any opponent’s player taking a run.
You would be getting a lot of counter-attacks with this formation which is exactly what we want. Lob the ball to the striker when he makes a run.
That is all you need to know about replicating Saudi Arabia’s Custom Tactics vs Argentina in World Cup 2022.
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section below. Also, follow FPS Index for more guides on FIFA 23.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.