Are you getting the error message “Reconnect Controller” whenever you ae trying to use Steering Wheel for Forza Horizon 5 on your PC ? Well we have just the right fix for you.
Forza Horizon 5 – Steering Wheel not working | Controller Disconnected | Logitech G923 and Others
Forza Horizon 5 is finally here and personally it has been my favorite racing game for years now. Playing racing games on keyboard and game controllers are not as thrilling and intense as compared to a Steering Wheel.
However it seems like Steering Wheels for a lot of users are not working. We do not know exactly what is triggering this issue but you will end up getting a message “Controller Disconnected” everytime you try to use your wheel while in the game.
You will be able to use you game controller and keyboard but the steering wheels somehow don’t seem to function properly. Well we do have fixes for you. Try these out in case you have wheel problems with the game.
How to Solve Steering Wheel Problem ?
Steering wheels by no means are cheap. Imagine the frustration one would be going through buying the wheel just to play this game and then it doesn’t work. Well there are no official fixes as of now but there is one particular method you can try which seems to work for every other user .
Lets start off with the basics :
- Firstly you need to know if the controller is working or not in the first place.
- For that go to Control Panel>> Hardware and Sound>> View devices on your PC and check if the Wheel is detected or not.
- If not then try to change the USB port or try to use a pendrive on the same port and check whether the port is the problem or the wheel.
However if the wheel is detected and just not responding in game or just throwing an error message ,try these steps :
- Go to Steam Library
- Right Click on Forza Horizon 5 and select Properties
- Beside the Controller tab look for Override for Forza Horizon 5 and click on the drop down arrow
- Now select Enable Steam Input
- Restart Steam
If this does not work for you try this step. This one worked for almost every user :
- While in game, whenever you use the wheel the game shows an error message “Controller Disconnected” .
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard and then try to use the wheel, maybe accelerate a bit. The wheel would work fine as long you keep the Enter key pressed
- Keep the Enter key pressed. Do not let go of that button.
- Now slowly remove the Keyboard USB cable from the cabinet
- Once the keyboard is disconnected you will be able to use the Steering Wheel perfectly.
This is however a temporary fix. This needs to be done everytime you launch the game on your PC. Works for Logitech G923 / G25 / G27/ G29/ G920 etc. Lets hope the devs get this problem patched as soon as possible. I hope the article was helpful. Do let us know in the comment section below. Enjoy the game.