Wondering why the game would keep crashing on your PlayStation 4? Let’s find out the reason and fix it.
Godfall PS4 -Crashing and Freezing | How to Fix the Crash
Godfall was already released on the PC and the PS5 back in November 2020. However, the game finally gets its PS4 release. However, a lot of users reported that the game kept crashing for them. At times it would just leave them with an Error Code CE-34878-0. We do have some troubleshooting steps which could easily help you fix this problem. Let’s check them out :
Firstly make sure that the PlayStation 4 software and all the games are updated to the latest version.
- Go to the Settings option on the console menu
- Look for System Software Update and click on it to check for updates.
Corrupted Saves :
Local Corrupted saves could very well be the reason for the crashes. Your PS4 will have a locally saved file of your in-game progress. This file could unfortunately get corrupted and whenever the console tries to access this save file the game would crash with error codes. Therefore the best way to deal with this is to remove all local save files for that game.
- Go to the console’s menu and select the Settings option
- Find the Storage option and select that
- You will get a list and from there just select Godfall and then press the options button on the controller
- Select all the saved files you have and then hit Delete
- Restart your console.
Database Errors :
Database errors could also be the reason why a game could crash on your PS4. Let’s put it in a simple way. Your console needs to access a specific set of data related to the apps or games you run on it. If this data is not easily accessible performance takes a hit. This could ideally lead to freezing and crashing as well. Fixing Database errors is nothing but Defragmenting your hard drive which is arranging data in a much simpler way making it easier for the console to access them.
- Unplug the power cable and leave it like that for 5 minutes.
- This clears out the Cached data.
- Plug it back in and hold the power button down for like 10 secs.
- You will hear 2 beeps and on the second one, you need to let go of the power button.
- This will boot up your console in Safe Mode
- Now connect the controller to the USB and press the PS button as displayed
- Now select Rebuild Database.
- The time taken will depend on the amount of data you have in your storage.
Face Recognition :
The face Recognition feature of the PS4 had always interfered with gaming in the past and so it does even today. Keeping this feature on resulted in the game crashing with error code CE-34878-0. So we recommend having this feature turned off completely.
- Select the Settings option on the console menu
- You need to look for Login Settings now
- Just uncheck the box next to Enable Face Recognition and restart the PS4
There you go, easy steps to help you get rid of any performance-related issues with Godfall on your PS4. You can also try Reinstalling the game. A fresh installation could also do the trick. If this guide was helpful to you do let us know in the comment section down below. Also, feel free to share your thoughts.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.