Wondering why you cannot the new Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy game from Steam ? Here is why this could be happening and how you can actually fix it.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy – Cannot Download from Steam | Download Stuck
A lot of users are having trouble downloading the game from Steam. I know the how eager people get for a Marvel’s game and I can very well imagine how annoying and irritating it can get when the download gets stuck for literally no reason. For some the download would not even begin and would be stuck at 0 kb/sec
How to Fix this problem ?
Fortunately we do have a few steps which you can follow in order to fix this problem. Firstly we need to start with the basics. A lot of times we try to quickly hop into advanced fixes when the problem would just be very simple. Ofcourse I would not ask you to check your Internet connection because you would not be reading this article then. Here is what you need to check first :
- Restart your Steam Client and check if the download begins
- Check if you have more than 80 GB of Drive space. You need to have more than 80 GB.
- The game is pretty large. It takes a while for Steam to actually allocate the disk space. The download might seem stuck but trust me it is not. All you need to do is click on the Play button and see if the bar is getting filled up. It might take upto 15 mins but if you see there is progress then let it be. If the blue bars are stuck then there could be a problem.
- Also try restarting your PC once.
Advanced Fixes :
Now here is where we go for Advanced fixes . Go to :
Steam Option (top left)>>Settings >> Download
Now do the following steps :
- Click on Clear Download Cache. A lot of time Download Cache might prevent you from have a smooth download. Clear it more often.
- Select Steam Library Folders. Now select the download folder for steam. Click on Repair Folder. A lot of times the link between the steam folder and the app breaks due to which the app cannot determine where to allocate the disk space. Repairing the folder fixes this problem
- Lastly , if these do not work for you try changing the Download Region. Click on the drop down arrow and select the region of your choice. There could be a technical difficulty in your download region or the server might be over crowded. This is pretty common. You might have to keep changing regions to see which one offer you the best speed.
- Remember to Restart Steam after you make any changes in the Download settings
These steps should fix any download related problems with Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. I hope the guide was helpful. Do let us know in the comment section down below.