If you are a baseball fan this is just the game for you. The game looks visually stunning and the animations are crisp and realistic.
However, PlayStation 4 users seem to have been going through a bit of a problem. The game would randomly crash while running or maybe at startup. Let’s find out how we can easily get this fixed.
MLB The Show 21 PS4 – Crashing & Freezing with Error Code CE-34878-0 and e434de73 | How to Fix
The game would occasionally freeze and then crash with error codes CE-34878-0 and e434de73. The best way to solve this problem is to check for corrupted data. Normally corrupted data would produce error codes such as this. Let us find out how we can get it fixed.
Corrupted Save Data :
One of the main reasons why a game would crash with these error codes is corrupted saved data files. Yes, while saving the game locally there could be a possibility that the particular saved file might get corrupted.
As a result, when ever that data is being processed the game would just crash leaving you with one of the error codes mentioned above. Therefore the first thing you should do is delete any corrupted saved data. Or rather delete all saved data since you do not know which one is corrupted.
- You need to select Settings from the console menu
- Then you have to click on Storage
- From the list that you get find and select Saved Data
- Select MLB The Show 21 and press the Options button on the controller
- On the right side, you will find a delete button. Click on that
- Now you have to select all the saved data files. There could be one or maybe multiple. Select all of them and then hit Delete again.
- All locally saved data will now be removed from your console storage device.
Database Issues Could be the Reason :
Another reason could be database errors. If you do not know how to fix your console database problems then this could probably be the main reason. It is like a defrag on the storage device. More like arranging data in proper order so that the apps can process that data quickly increasing the performance of your console. If the app is unable to do that then it would crash leaving you an error code. This is how you fix database errors :
- Turn off the console completely. Make sure there are no lights on the device. Also, pull out the power plug from the console.
- Leave it unplugged for like 5 minutes and then plug it back. This clears out all cached data
- Then press and hold the power button. You will hear a beep when you press it and another beep after 9 seconds. This will boot the console in Safe Mode
- Now plug in your controller to the USB port and then press the PS button on it.
- You will get a list of options from which you have to select Rebuild Database.
- This will re-arrange data in your storage device therefore the time taken will depend on the amount of storage.
Buggy Face Recognition Feature :
Another reason for games crashing with error code CE-34878-0 is the Face Recognition feature of the console. Yes, I know that there is no link between the two. But in the past it has been proven that turning off this feature actually prevented some games from crashing. Maybe somehow this feature interfered with the data which is processed when the game is running on the console. This is how you turn it off :
- Select Settings from the Console Menu
- Now find and click on Login Settings
- Just Uncheck the box next to Enable Face Recognition
- Then restart the console.
Well, there you go. Simple steps can make a lot of difference. I am sure these steps will help you fix any crash-related problems. If not then you may try Reinstalling the game. A fresh installation could do the trick. Hope this guide has been helpful. Do let us know.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.