Having trouble using your PlayStation Controller for NBA 2K22 on PC ? We have just the right fix for you .Lets check it out.
NBA 2K22- Controller Problem / Not Working / Not Detected
You would normally not have issues with the Xbox Controller since it belongs to Microsoft. But for Windows 10 PlayStation controllers could give you a lot of trouble. It is definitely not for all users but sadly for some. Playing Sports games like NBA with controllers feels the best to be honest. Sure you can use the keyboard but it limits your skills to a huge extent.
For NBA 2K22 a lot of users complained about their PlayStation controllers (esp PS4) not working with the game. Lets quickly walk you through some troubleshooting steps to get this problem fixed for good.
Firstly you have to understand whether or not the controller is getting detected or not . There is no point doing all the steps if the controller is not getting detected in the first place.
Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> View Devices and Printers
This is where you check if the controller is there. If not there could be a problem with the USB port or the controller itself. Try a different port or a different USB device like a pendrive to ensure where the problem lies.
If the controller is detected but you cannot see it in game then you would have to check the controller settings on steam .
Steam Controller Settings :
Follow these steps to make sure your controller is detected in game :
- Go to Steam Library and select NBA 2K22
- Right click and select Properties
- Then select Controller
- Under Override for NBA 2K22 you will see an option with a drop down arrow saying Use Default Settings.
- Click on that and change to Enable Steam Input
- This will enable all the options under Steam Input Status. Which includes Xbox Controller and PlayStation.
- Next go to Steam (top left) >> Settings >> Controller
- Click on General Controller Settings
- Now you will get a pop up window. Check the boxes next to Xbox Configuration Support and PlayStation Configuration Support
- Exit the window and then Restart Steam
You are good to go. Your controller would now be detected by Steam and you will be able to enjoy NBA 2K22 at its best. If the guide was helpful do let us know in the comment section down below.