Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered is what we can say is a prettier version of the original. I personally loved NFS Hot pursuit and I love this one more because of the improved visuals. However, users complained that the game does not have steering wheel support. Here is how you can get the Steering Wheel working.
NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered – How to use Steering Wheel (Logitech G29)
Here is how you can use a steering wheel like the Logitech G29 to play NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered.
Steering Wheel Support :
- You need the gaming peripheral Logitech G29 USB Wheel etc.
- You need to have the software related to that particular gaming peripheral. Like if you have the Logitech G29 you need to have the Logitech Gaming Software installed on your PC. If the device that you have does not have related software it may not work or may cause issues.
- Now the wheel that you will be using must be linked with the software, in other words, the software must recognize the hardware. You need to start the game with the Wheel plugged in.
- After launching the game go to Settings. Then select Gameplay Settings and then click on Controls.
- Next to the option Input Device, you will have Keyboard set as default. You can use the keys A or D to switch to another Device. It might say Unknown Device, but do not worry as this would be your steering wheel.
- You can set up the controls as you wish and enjoy the game with the wheel.
In case you cannot change the input device try doing these steps :
- Open Steam Client
- Go to Library on the top and click Home
- Select Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered from the list
- Right-click on the game and then select Properties
- You will see an option called – Steam Input Per-Game Setting (Requires Restart of a game)
- Use Your Global Steam Input Settings (None) is what we have set by default
- On the right, there will be a drop-down arrow next to that option
- We need to click on the drop-down arrow and select Forced Off
- Restart Steam and Relaunch the game after that.
Hopefully, this will help you play the game with a Steering Wheel. Enjoy the drive.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.