Nioh 2 is an action adventure RPG developed by Team Ninja. The game was released for the PlayStation 4 back in March 2020. However we The Complete Edition includes all the content of Nioh 2 along with 3 DLC Expansions – The Tengu’s Disciple, Darkness in the Capital, and The First Samurai . The game itself received good reviews for its content and gameplay , but sadly for the PS5 users the game seems to be crashing or just randomly between at startup or while you are playing. Lets see how we can get that fixed.
Nioh 2 The Complete Editition PS5 – Freezing and Crashing | How to Fix
There had been a lot of Database issues with the PS5 when it first came out. Probably this could be one of the reasons why the game keeps crashing. The only way out is to rebuild your PS5 database once every month or maybe 2 weeks. This is what you need to do :
- You need to turn the console OFF completely making sure there are no lights on the console. Take out the power plug from the back of the console.
- Do not plug it back yet. Just keep it unplugged for 5 minutes. This should clear out the cached data.
- Now plug it back and press and hold the power button. You will hear a beep sound when you press it. Wait for the second beep and that would take around 10 secs.
- Your console will be booted in Safe Mode.
- Now connect your controller to the USB port.
- Press the PS button on the controller.
- From the list of options you see on the screen , select option 5 which should be Rebuild Database
- The time taken for this to complete will depend on the amount of storage on your PS5 Hard Drive
- Rebuilding database is like defragging the console. It just sorts out your data properly which makes the console work a lot faster and smoother.
- Do not worry saved data apps getting deleted.
This should probably do the trick for you as it worked for most of the users. There could be another step you can follow. Normally while downloading a game there could be a possibility that that game a file or two went missing or got corrupted. A fresh download will always do the trick for issue like this :
- Just go to the Game Library and Select Nioh 2 Remastered- The Complete Edition
- Press Options and Delete the game.
- Now go to PlayStation Store
- Now select Nioh 2 Remastered- The Complete Edition and just click on Download.
If these steps do not fix the issue for you then you might have to wait for a patch as it could very well be a problem from the developer’s end .