Facing horrible lag, stuttering and frequent frame drops in the game ? Do not worry as we have just the right solution for you. We will guide you step by step on how you can easily get a performance boost for Resident Evil Village
Resident Evil 8 Village – Lag / Stuttering / FPS Drops / Freezing | How to fix | Performance Guide
Resident Evil Village is perhaps the most visually impressive game in the franchise. It is obvious that games which are this heavy would require a good PC Configuration to run. However it is when users have the right setup and still get poor performance is where the problem lies. We cannot identify the exact cause of the performance issue but what we can actually do is to eliminate the possibilities.
With the being said , lets quickly follow these simple steps that I am about to show you and I assure you that you would get if not a decent amount but an increase in performance nonetheless.
Check your System Config to Run the game:
First things first, we should always know if we have the right hardware. If we don’t then it is very obvious that the game would not be running smoothly. Frequent drops will ruin our experience altogether. Therefore, let us quickly check the system configuration for Resident Evil Village.
- OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 ／ Intel Core i5-7500
- RAM: 8 GB RAM
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560 with 4GB VRAM ／ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 12
- OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)
- CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600 ／ Intel Core i7 8700
- RAM: 16 GB RAM
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 ／ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
- DirectX: Version 12
Remember that you will not be able to get the best performance if you have the minimum config or below. We recommend having a setup well above minimum to at least get decent frames on the low – medium settings . To play on even better visuals you would need the recommended setup or above that.
The Right Graphics Driver for Resident Evil Village :
One of the most important things we tend to ignore is to update our graphics drivers on a regular basis. AAA games like Resident Evil Village normally gets a dedicated graphics driver as well. These drivers normally are meant for you to enjoy the game at it best performance. Therefore, make sure you have the latest build of your graphics driver installed. Check below for links :
Always have Overlays turned off :
Overlays are pretty useful I agree, but there is a downside to it. These overlays often crank up the Disk usage and the CPU usage. As a result the performance of a game tends to go down. We recommend you to have every overlay turned off. For example the Steam overlay and the NVIDIA overlay.
- Launch the Steam Client
- You will find the Steam option on the top left. Select that
- Now select Settings
- On the left panel look for In-Game and click on that
- Now Uncheck the option “Enable the Steam Overlay while In Game”
NVIDIA Overlay :
- Launch Nvidia Geforce Experience
- Look for the Settings icon on the top right
- Select the General Tab
- Turn Off In-Game Overlay
Try out these changes in the Nvidia Control Panel (NVIDIA Users)
Nvidia allows its users to make their GPU work the way they want by adjusting various critical settings in the control panel. You can adjust these settings for a particular game which is basically having different setups for different games. Let’s see what can be use for Resident Evil Village.
- Right click on desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel
- Click on the ‘Adjust image settings with preview’ on the left
- Select ‘Use the advanced 3D image settings’
- Now click on Manage 3D settings
- Make these changes :
Power Management : Prefer Maximum Performance
Texture filtering Quality : High Performance
Threaded optimization : On
Vertical sync : Off
- Click on Apply
Try out these changes in the AMD Control Panel (AMD users)
The concept of AMD Control Panel is similar to the NVIDIA Control Panel. Right-click on the desktop and select AMD Radeon Software. Select Gaming Tab and the click on Global Graphics. Set the Graphics Profile to “eSport”. Now make these changes :
- Radeon Anti-Lag : Disabled
- Radeon Chill : Disabled
- Boost : Disabled
- Image Sharpening : Disabled
- Enhanced Sync : Disabled
- Vertical Refresh : Always Off
Verify In-game files for Resident Evil Village :
During installation there could be a possibility of a file not getting downloaded or maybe a file got corrupted in the process. Steam allows us to check for any missing or corrupted files within the game directory. This could lead to In-game performance issues. Launch the Steam Client
- Got to the top section and select Library and then click Home
- On the left look for the game. Over here we look for Resident Evil Village
- Right-click on the game and select Properties
- On the left-hand side panel you will see various options. Select Local Files tab
- Then Click on “Verify integrity of game files”
- Time taken will depend on the size of the game. Any missing or corrupted file will be re-downloaded.
Well, these steps should be enough to get you a performance boost. Now if these steps do not work for you and if you still face performance issues then it could very well be an issue from the Developer’s end. You would have to be patient and wait for a patch fix if this is the case.
I hope this guide was useful. Do let us know, and please share your thoughts.