Looking for decent Graphics Settings that will help fix lag, stuttering, and fps drops on Saints Row? That will help you get much better performance for a smoother experience. Well, you have come to the right place.
In this article, I will be helping you out with the best Graphics Settings for Saints Row 2022 that will help you get better frames as well as retain the game’s visual quality.
Saints Row 2022 Best Graphics Settings to Fix Lag and Stuttering
Saints Row had been one of my personal favorite gaming franchises. The game knows how to strike a balance between intensity and comedy. The highly intense missions and the comical characters with hilarious dialogues are the things that make this game so interesting.
I remember playing Saints Row The Third for hours and hours. The customizations back then were ridiculously good and I could not get enough of it. The developers had promised that this would be by far the best Saints Row release yet and so far I am loving it.
Best Graphics Settings for Saints Row to increase Performance :
However, it seems like a lot of users are finding it hard to actually run the game smoothly. Now there could be a lot of reasons why you could be having performance issues. But we are going to mainly focus on the in-game settings since most of the time that turns out to be the culprit.
Before we check out the best visual settings for Saints Row make sure that :
- You have the latest graphics drivers.
- You have turned off all browsers and other background applications.
- You have turned off the Antivirus or just turn off the real-time protection.
First, let me get one thing clear. This is not a guide for users who own the absolute beast setups. It is for the mediocre ones. The average PCs which the average gamers have. It is obvious the super high-end machines would very easily run the game at its peak visuals and performance.
In case you do not know the system requirements for this game then check it out :
You need to be somewhere around the minimum to the recommended to at least run this game properly. Below minimum would result in severe performance issues and the game might not even launch.
Before you start make sure you launch with Direct X 12 since it is more stable and will give you better performance.
So in order to set the best graphics settings go to Options > Display
- Display Mode: Fullscreen
- Resolution: Native (1920 x 1080 is for me. Use your native monitor resolution)
- Refresh Rate: 144 Hz (maximum refresh rate of your monitor)
- VSync: Off (reduces frame rate by a lot just to sync the video when you are getting frame drops. Also leads to input delay)
- Field of View: 50 (the higher you go the lower the performance)
- Hide HUD: Off
- Graphics Quality Preset: Custom
- Raytraced Ambient Occlusion: Off (Takes a huge hit on performance. We do not want that)
Brightness and Camera options would be your preference. They have no effect on performance.
Click on Advanced Display Options :
- Frame Rate Cap: Uncapped (There is no pint capping frame rate when we are trying to get the most of it)
- Antialiasing: FXAA
- Scene Detail: Medium
- Shadow Quality: Low
- Water Quality: Medium
- Undergrowth: High
- Post Processing: High
- Depth of Field: High
- Effects Quality: Normal
- Texture Cache Size: Normal
- Texture Filter Quality: Anisotropic 4X
- General Reflections: Medium
- Planar Reflections: Normal
- Screen Space Reflection: Medium
- Vehicle Shading: High
- Global Illumination Quality: Low
- HBAO: Normal
There you go, try out these settings and see if it works for you.
If you look closely, you will notice your VRAM at the bottom right corner of the screen. This makes it a lot easier for you to deal with these settings. Keep playing with the settings until you are close to your VRAM limit.
Do not go beyond the VRAM limit or else you will have performance issues. Try to stay within your VRAM limit and max out whatever you can to get the best visuals for yourself. Also, feel free to copy the settings I have shown you.
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section down below. Also, follow FPS Index for more Saints Row content and guides.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.