Does Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown keeps crashing for you? There is a pretty simple fix to it. Let’s find out.
Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown – Error FIX Crashing and Freezing
It has been almost 15 years since its initial release and now finally this epic arcade-style fighting game makes its way into modern consoles. Fighting game fans adored this game and they cannot be more excited. On top of that, the game is free for 2 months on PS plus membership.
The game is given a completely new look along with a lot of added features, differences in UI, and online features as well. However, the basic gameplay mechanics still remain untouched so that we can still enjoy the game like we did years back.
However, there had been many users who are complaining about the game crashing now and then, especially on start-ups. There are some possible fixes for this. Let’s find out :
Make sure that your system software and your games are updated to the latest versions.
- Go to the Settings option on the console menu
- Go down and select System Software Update to check if you have any updates or not.
Save Data Files are corrupted :
It is a new launch on the PlayStation and there could be a possibility that the saved data for this game could have got corrupted in the process. Since we do not know which file is the bad one we would have to clear out all the saved files of this game from the system. This is the most common reason for a game to crash on the PS4.
- You need to select Settings from the console menu
- Under settings look for the Storage option and select that
- Once you get a list select Saved Data. Then select Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown and press the Options button on your controller
- Then press the Delete option
- You will have to select all the saved files and Delete them again
Database Rebuilding :
Database problems are pretty common on the PlayStation. Rebuilding a database means simply rearranging your data in a way that the apps and games could easily access them resulting in much better performance. If the game fails to get the required data then it normally crashes with an error code CE-34878-0. It is like defragging your console.
- Turn off your console by taking out the power chord and make sure there are no lights. Keep it off for 5 minutes. This clears out the system cache.
- Now plug it back and keep holding the power button for 8-9 seconds
- You will hear a beep when you press it and one more beep after 8 or 9 seconds. Let go of the button now.
- Your console is now booted up in Safe Mode.
- Plug in your controller to the USB and press the PS button
- Then select the option Rebuild Database appearing on your screen. This will fix any database errors and your database will be rebuilt again
- The time taken will depend on the storage and it will also update your system software.
Face Recognition Issue :
It has been seen in the past that this feature does quite go well with the games that we play. A lot of games kept crashing when we had this feature on. Therefore I will suggest having this turned off.
- Again go to the Settings option
- Now scroll down and select Login Settings
- Uncheck the box next to Enable Face Recognition
- Restart your PlayStation 4.
Hopefully, these steps will surely help you fix any performance issues with Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown. Do let us know in the comment section and also share your thoughts regarding this game.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.