Does Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown keeps crashing for you ? There is a pretty simple fix to it. Lets find out :
Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown – Error FIX Crashing and Freezing
It has been almost 15 years since it initial release and now finally this epic arcade style fighting game makes its way into modern consoles. Fighting game fans adored this game and they cannot be more excited. On top of that the game is free for 2 months on PS plus membership. The game is given a completely new look along with a lot of added features , differences in UI and online features as well. However the basic gameplay mechanics still remains untouched so that we can still enjoy the game like we did years back.
However there had been many users who are complaining about the game crashing now and then, especially on start up. There are some possible fixes for this. Lets find out :
Make sure that your system software and your games are updated to the latest versions .
- Go to Settings option on the console menu
- Go down and select System Software Update to check if you have any update or not.
Save Data Files are corrupted :
It is a new launch on the PlayStation and there could be a possibility that the saved data for this game could have got corrupted in the process. Since we do not know which file is the bad one we would have to clear out all the saved files of this game from the system. This is the most common reason for a game to crash on the PS4 .
- You need to select Settings from the console menu
- Under settings look for Storage option and select that
- Once you get a list select Saved Data. Then select Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown and press the Options button on your controller
- Then press Delete option
- You will have to select all the saved file and Delete them again
Database Rebuilding :
Database problems are pretty common on the PlayStation . Rebuilding database means simply rearranging you data in a way that the apps and games could esily accesss them resulting in much better performance. If the game fails to get the required data then it normally crashes with an error code CE-34878-0. It is like defragging your console.
- Turn off your console by taking out the power chord and make sure there are no lights. Keep it off for 5 minutes. This clears out the system cache.
- Now plug it back and keep holding the power button for 8-9 seconds
- You will hear a beep when you press it and one more beep after 8 or 9 seconds. Let go of the button now.
- Your console is now booted up in Safe Mode.
- Plug in your controller to the USB and press the PS button
- Then select the option Rebuild Database appearing on your screen. This will fix any database errors and your database will be rebuild again
- The time taken will depend on the storage and it will also update your system software.
Face Recognition Issue :
It has been seen in the past that this feature does quite go well with the games that we play. A lot of games kept crashing when we had this feature on. Therefore I will suggest to have this turned off.
- Again go to Settings option
- Now scroll down and select Login Settings
- Uncheck the box next to Enable Face Recognition
- Restart your PlayStation 4 .
Hopefully these steps will surely help you fix any performance issues with Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown. Do let us know in the comment section and also share your thoughts regarding this game.