Werewolf: The Apocalypse- Earthblood is a unique action RPG where you can actually play as a werewolf. You play as Cahal, who could transform into a werewolf and also a Crinos. Build all three forms as you hack and slash your way past enemies.
The game plays pretty well on PC and Consoles. But sadly there are some users complaining about the game crashing randomly or even at startup. Here is what we need to do.
Werewolf: The Apocalypse- Earthblood PS5 – Freezing and Crashing | How to fix
The PS5 had been plagued with database errors when it first came out. Probably that could be the reason why the game is crashing. Resetting the database is a very simple step that could be done every now and then. It does not delete any of your saved data or any games.
It just re-arranges data in the hard drive so that they could be used properly when required. This is more like a defrag and it makes your console run a lot faster and smoother. You would also need to clear out the cached data for this. Here is how you do it :
- Turn the console Off completely so that there are no lights on it.
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the console
- Leave it unplugged for 5 minutes.
- This will clear out the cache
- Now plug it back and hold down the power button. You will hear a beep sound once you hold it . Then another beep sound after 8 -10 seconds. Let go after the second beep.
- Now the console will boot in Safe Mode.
- You need to connect your Controller to the USB port. Then press the PS Button as prompted on the screen
- From the list of options you get, press option 5 – Rebuild Database
- This will take some time depending on the amount of storage in the hard drive
That is it. This should ideally fix the problem. If not you can try to re-download the game. There could be a chance that a file or two might have gone missing during the first download or could be a case of a corrupted file.
- Go to Games Library and select Werewolf: The Apocalypse- Earthblood
- Press Options and select Delete
- Go to PlayStation Store
- Select Werewolf: The Apocalypse- Earthblood and hit Download.
Downloading the game again could actually help you out if in case the first process did not work for you. I hope this guide had been helpful.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.