Wondering why your Logitech Steering Wheel would not work for WRC 10? We have just the right fixes for this problem.
WRC 10 – Steering Wheel Not Working Fix | Logitech G25/G27/G29/G920 Problem
WRC 10 Fia World Rally Championship is finally out on all major platforms. It looks gorgeous and plays well too. The game is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Fia World Rally Championship with loads of interesting in game events which would surely test your driving skills. And what could be a better way to enjoy a fun driving game than using a Steering Wheel. Yes, the Logitech steering wheels are a blessing for a game like this.
However it seems like many users have reported that the steering wheel isn’t quite working with the game. It would not get detected in game and even if it does it would not have the FFB settings. So how do we fix this ? Well, I have a few easy steps which would actually help you fix this problem.
How to Solve Steering Wheel Issue ?
So, firstly we need to know if the steering well is being detected at all by the system. If it does not get detected you probably have to unplug and plug it back or restart your PC. Then you can go to Control Panel>> Hardware and Sound>> View devices and check if the Wheel is being detected or not. If not then it could be an issue with the USB cord or the USB port. You can connect a pendrive on the same port to check if the port is okay. If not then try any other USB port on the cabinet .
Secondly, if the Wheel is detected and not showing in game then you would have to follow these steps :
- Go to Steam Library
- Then select WRC 10
- Right click and select Properties
- Select Controller from the left
- Then click on drop down arrow under Override for WRC 10
- Now click on Enable Steam Input.
- Restart Steam.
Thirdly, if you have Control Binding issues with the Wheel, then unplug the wheel while in game. You will get an error message saying that the device is unplugged. Now plug back the wheel and the try to change the controls now. This should work.
If in case you are not getting FFB option then try following this step:
- Type Regedit on the task bar and click on Registry Editor
- Now HKEY_CURRENT_USER>>System>>CurrentControlSet>>Control>>MediaProperties>>PrivateProperties>>Joystick>>OEM>> Now select the VID folder which has the OEMName and OEMData in it
- Before you change anything please remember to take a screenshot of your previous settings just in case.
- Change OEMName to “Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB” instead of “G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel” or if anything else.
- Change OEMData to 43 00 08 10 19 00 00 00 .
- Restart your PC.
Hopefully these steps will help you with any Steering Wheel related problems for WRC 10. This would work for any other steering wheel too apart form Logitech. I hope the guide was useful. Do let us know in the comment section down below. Enjoy the game.