Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time is finally out on the Switch. Like many other users if the game is crashing for you as well then need to go through this guide in order to fix it.
Crash Bandicoot 4 It’s About Time (Switch) – Game is Crashing |How to Fix
There could several reasons why a game would constantly crash on your Switch. You can try these few easy steps and check if it works for you. It should ideally work as it did for other users.
Reboot the Switch :
The Nintendo Switch comes with very stable software. At times a simple restart could do the trick for you. Try turning off the device for like 5 minutes and then turn it back on.
Get the Cached Data Cleared up :
Cached data could really slow down your system. It could cause performance issues as well as cause games to crash on startup or while playing. This is how you do it :
- Select System Settings
- Move down and select System
- Go to the right and move down until you find Formatting Options. Select that.
- Hit on Reset Cache. Select the profile and then hit Reset
- This will remove all the cached data from your system. Try rebooting the device once you are done.
Checking for Corrupted Data :
When you download a game there could be a possibility that some corrupted data may get downloaded as well. Nintendo Switch allows you to check for corrupted data in a particular app or game. This is how you do it :
- Click on System Settings
- Move down and click on Data Management
- Then go right and click on Manage Software
- Select the game. Over here we select Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time
- Then we click on Check for Corrupt Data
Changing the Storage :
There could be a slight chance that the game installed on Micro SD could crash due to a problem with the Micro SD itself. For cases like these moving the game over to internal storage could be a good thing to do. If the game is installed in the internal memory of the Switch then you can move it to the Micro SD and check if it still crashes for you. This is how it is done :
- Select the System Settings option below
- Move down a bit and click on Data Management
- Then go to the right side and select Manage Software
- Select Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time and select Archive Software
- When you go back to the home page you would find a small cloud-like icon on top of the game. When you select the game it will start downloading to the Micro SD.
There you go, simple steps that could make a huge difference. I hope this guide has been helpful. Enjoy the game.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.