Football games are really hard to play on a keyboard. This is why the majority of the users would prefer to play EA Sports FC24 with a controller. You need to be very precise with your passing direction and obviously, the tons of skill moves you could do, work best with a controller.
However, it seems like a lot of users are having trouble using the controllers in the game. It would simply not get detected or even if it did, nothing happened when you pressed buttons.
So how do you fix this? Well, this is why we are here.
In this guide today, we will be talking about how you can easily fix a “controller not working for EA Sports FC24″.
EA Sports FC24- Controller is NOT WORKING | How to FIX
When it comes to controllers the Xbox controller is normally considered the best for Windows and for obvious reasons. The PlayStation controller, however, is the one that has most of these compatibility problems.
We need to understand where the problem is before we start fixing it. It could either be a Windows problem or a Steam problem.
There is a simple way to find out. Is the controller working in general? Does it work with other games? If no, follow these steps:
- Press Windows key+ X and then go to Device Manager.
- Under Universal Serial Bus Controller option look for a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark beside the option USB Composite Device.
- If you find one, it means your PC cannot recognize that device.
- In that case, you need to Right-click and select Uninstall device.
- Unplug the controller and plug it back after a few seconds.
- If it still does not recognize, repeat the step 2 more times.
If it fails every time, it means that the controller might be at fault. If it is a Bluetooth controller, try pairing the device again.
A lot of times I have seen Bluetooth controllers start working when you connect them directly. This could be because of a problem in the Bluetooth adapter or Steam itself. Only for certain games, I see that connecting the controller directly would actually make it work even if the Bluetooth adapter is fine.
If this does not work, follow these steps:
- Go to the Steam option on the top left.
- Go ahead and select Controller from the left panel.
- Turn On “Guide button focuses Steam“
- For Xbox Controllers, select “Enable Steam Input for Xbox controllers” only.
- For Playstation Controllers, select “Enable Steam Input for Playstation controllers” only.
- For any other generic controller (apart from Xbox and PS) select “Enable Steam Input for generic controllers“
- Restart Steam.
If that does not help, then follow these:
- Open Steam Library
- Go to EA Sports FC24
- Right-click on the game and select Properties
- Click on Controller
- Click on the drop-down icon for Override for EA Sports FC24 and select Enable Steam Input.
- Restart Steam.
Epic Games and EA App Fix:
If you have purchased FC24 on EPIC GAMES or from the EA APP directly, you might have to add the game to Steam as a Non-Steam game to use the controller drivers from Steam.
- Plug in the controller directly with a USB cable, when you are playing from EPIC GAMES or from EA APP. Wireless controllers do not work with these apps.
- Go to Steam Library
- Select “Add a Game” at the bottom.
- Then select “Add a Non-Steam game”.
- Browse the options and select EA Sports FC24.
- Then click on “Add Selected Program“.
- Restart Steam and run FC24 from your Steam Library. Remember, to keep either Epic or EA App on while you start the game.
I am pretty sure these steps should easily fix the controller problem with the game.
There you go, that is all you need to know about fixing “EA Sports FC24- Controller is NOT WORKING | How to FIX”
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments below. Also, follow FPS Index for more guides on EA Sports FC24.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.