The wait is finally over and the dawn of a new era is upon us. EA Sports FC24 is finally out on all major platforms.
It is undoubtedly the best-looking football game at the moment and EA has done a great job with the animations as well.
However, a lot of PlayStation 5 users have been complaining about the game crashing all the time. If you are one of them, this guide will help you fix the problem.
EA Sports FC24 is Crashing on PS5 | How to Fix
There could be several reasons why FC24 is crashing on your PlayStation 5. Figuring out the exact cause is challenging. Here are some of the steps that you need to follow to quickly prevent EA Sports FC24 from crashing on your PS5.
Restarting the PS5:
The most common way of fixing crash-related problems is to simply close all the background apps and restart the console. This is just the first step and if it does not fix the problem keep on reading.
System Software Updates:
At times we ignore the basic reasons why games might crash on a PlayStation 5. The System Software updates include bug fixes, performance optimization, and stability improvements. All these are essential when it comes to gaming.
An outdated system software version will have compatibility issues with the game which could result in a crash.
- Go to Settings
- Now select System
- Highlight System Software on the left
- Select System Software Updates and Settings
- Finally, select Update System Software
Overheating Problem with the PS5:
Overheating issues are pretty common with the PS5. It could easily lead to games crashing or worse your console shutting down all by itself.
To prevent overheating problems, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure you keep your PS5 in a well ventilated area
- Cleaning your PS5 cooling fan
- Cleaning the small vent helps supply airflow to the power supply. If these vents are filled with dirt, your power supply could be overheating. I would recommend taking professional help for cleaning these small vents as you would need to completely take out the power supply.
Licensing Issues with FC24:
License Issues are generally the most common reason why a specific game might crash on the PS5.
- Go to Settings
- Then head over to User and Accounts
- Now highlight Other on the left side
- Select Restore Licenses
Disable External Drives:
It is very rare that external drives could actually be a reason for games to crash. However, at times there might be a conflict in data due to this external device. It may also prevent data retrieval when you play a game resulting in a freeze or a crash.
For example, if FC24 is downloaded on your PS5 Storage, data retrieved from the external drive could prevent the game from either launching or may result in a crash. So try to disconnect your external drive while you play FC24.
Clearing Cache and Rebuilding Database:
Database errors are pretty common for the PS5 consoles. A Database is a collection of data that the system retrieves depending on your instructions. So if you are playing FC24 and the system is unable to retrieve its data properly, the game would freeze or crash.
Rebuilding the Database will only arrange your data in a more systematic way so that the console is optimized. You will not lose any of your existing data.
- Turn off your PS5 completely. Make sure all the lights are off.
- Take out the power plug and wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Now plug the controller into the USB.
- Then plug back the power cable and turn on the console by pressing and holding the power button. Wait for 2 beeps (it may take 8-10 seconds for the second beep) and leave the button on the second. The PS5 will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now press the PS Button on your controller.
- You can use the D-Pad to browse through the options on the screen.
- Select Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- First, select the option Clear System Software Cache.
- And then select Rebuild Database.
It may take 10-15 minutes to rebuild the database and the PS5 to start up again.
These steps should fix any crash-related problems with FC24. If you want to, you can try downloading FC24 again after rebuilding the database but I am sure it will work.
However, if the problem is with the game itself, then you might have to wait for a patch fix. Normally EA never rolls out a patch during Early Access. So you would probably have to wait until the main release on 29th September. If the situation gets worse they might roll out a patch during the week-long Early Access.
There you go, that is all on “EA Sports FC24 is Crashing on PS5 | How to Fix“.
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section below. Also, follow FPS Index for more guides on EA Sports FC24.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.