Are you looking for the ultimate Tiki Taka Style of play? Are you trying to re-create the famous Pep Guardiola’s tiki-taka style of football? Well I will show you how you can build the exact same tactics on FIFA 22.
FIFA 22 – 4321 Pep Guardiola Barca Custom Tactics Tiki Taka Style False 9 | FUT Best Tactics
Barca was literally an unstoppable force under Pep Guardiola. His tiki-taka triangle formation game has become legendary in the world of football. Absolute flawless passing right through the defenses and scoring goals which were literally a treat to watch. Over the years coaches had tried to re-create the strategy in FIFA games as well but trust it had never been close to real. But this year, considering how the custom strategies work and how the players would move around you can actually create the exact same Barca 2011 custom strategy.
Custom Tactics :
Well, to be honest, the 4-3-2-1 has never been the most meta formation but if you can understand how this formation works and if you have the right set of tactics you can be godlike with this formation. This formation is more about smoothness and free-flowing football. To play the tiki-taka style of football you need to understand how the players move and how this formation works. It might take you a few games. Come on there is no demotion in rivals this year so you may want to try it out a few games to understand the formation and the tactics which I am about to show you.
- I would prefer the Defensive style being Pressure on Heavy Touch since Barca back then would win the ball instantly when they lost it. Pressure on Possession Loss would be very difficult to manage though.
- Width and Depth would be perfect at 36 and 60 respectively
- The offensive style pretty obviously should be Slow Build Up, since we want to take our time have more options, and work the ball around.
- Chance Creation should be Possession since I want to create those triangles on the final third of the pitch. These triangles would help me outnumber the defenders. It will always leave you in a 3 v 1 scenario if you can use it properly.
- The width should not be too high to too low. 55 is just fine
- Players in Box should be 3 bars since we do not want to overcrowd the box. If you overcrowd the box then the opponent’s defense will also try to squeeze into the box. Making it difficult for you to pass around. It will get intercepted more.
- Corners and Free Kicks are good with 2 bars each
What Player Instructions to Use?
Here comes the most important part of the tactics. Yes, the player instruction will make the most difference here.
- Both CBS on Stay Back While Attacking
- LB and RB on Balanced. Yes, we are going all-out attack on this one. We need more support and the full-backs will be key in creating chances.
- CM should be on Drop Between Defenders and Cover Center. This will just give you some defensive stability.
- LCM should be on Get Forward and Get Into the Box for Cross. RCM should be on all Balanced only. Make sure you have Cover Wings on both
- LF and RF should be on False 9 and Drift Wide (Will explain this in detail below )
- ST should be on Central only
How to Play with these tactics?
Firstly, let us understand how these tactics work. The reason why I have Drift Wide and False 9 on the LF and RF is very simple. You have the fullbacks trying to overlap. They would not be overlapping often if you just have the LF and RF on Drift Wide since the position will be occupied. Thus creating chaos and confusion when the players try to get to positions since we have assigned the same positioning for both. But if you have the False 9 instruction on the LF and RF they would come short support the guy with the ball while the fullbacks overlap. And when the full-backs do not overlap they would try to drift wider giving you a little more width since we do not want a very narrow setup.
This would actually create the triangles in-game. The moment the LF or Rf comes short as a False 9 the Fullbacks move forward and the Striker stays Central. So you already have a triangle between your full back, LF/RF, and the Striker. This is how you get several triangles throughout the game. You need to keep passing and moving. Try to use more of the Trigger Run and Pass technique. It works wonders for this formation. But you have to keep in mind this formation is not for Long Balls and Lobs. This is not a meta formation so you would have to work a bit to get results. But it is so much more satisfying when you succeed.
If you feel this guide was helpful do let us know in the comment section below.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.