Hitman is perhaps the most famous stealth game of all time. And with Hitman 3 being released on all major platforms we are looking forward to the last installment of the Assassination Trilogy. From what it looks like the game has improved over its visuals as well as gameplay details. Missions feel more diverse as there could be like a hundred ways in which you could possibly complete a mission. However PS5 users seem to have a little problem with the game randomly crashing. At times it would just crash on startup.
Hitman 3 PS5 – Crashing and Freezing Error | How to FIX
From what it looks like , many users are facing the same problem. The only fix we have at the moment is Rebuilding the Database. This will surely work as it has worked for almost everyone else. So how do we rebuild the database :
- Turn Off your PS5 completely (Not in Rest Mode). Unplug the power cable from the back of the PS5 . There should not be any lights on the console.
- Keep it unplugged for 5 minutes.
- Then plug it back and press the Power Button. You will hear a beep sound. Do not let go of the power button. Keep it pressed for like 8-10 seconds until you hear the second beep sound.
- Now let go of the power button. The console will now boot in Safe Mode.
- Connect your controller with the USB .
- It will prompt you to press the PS button . Do that.
- You will see a list of option on the screen. Choose option 5 which is Rebuild Database with your controller.
- It will take sometime. Maybe a few hours depending on your storage. It might also take like 5 minutes if you do not have much data in your PS5.
- This basically creates a new database on your PS5 which makes it work smoothly. At times games just do not function well if you have an old database which needs fixing. This is like a defrag of the PS5 .
- No saved data or games will be deleted so you do not have to worry about that.
Another step which you can try is to reinstall the game :
- Just go to the Game Library and Select Hitman 3
- Press Options and Delete the game.
- Now go to PlayStation Store
- Now select Hitman 3 and just click on Download.
Hopefully these steps will be good enough to prevent your Hitman 3 game from crashing. The PlayStation 5 users did have a lot of database issues early on and this is most probably related to that. Enjoy the game.