Diablo 4 is an action role-playing game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment and is the fourth main installment in the Diablo series.
I remember playing Diablo as a child and I can guarantee you that it is one of the most addictive games I have ever played. The same holds true for Diablo 4 as well. the devs managed to get almost everything right. And the fact that you have a never-ending loot system in the game is what users mostly play Diablo for.
The base concept of the game remains pretty much the same. However, there are a few new elements that are added in this installment. One of them is the Ancestral Items which are stronger variants of your standard and scared ones.
Diablo 4 lets you farm a lot of Legendary loot that makes your character stronger. Drops are mostly based on RNG which means you do not know what item you would get. They are randomly generated.
Ancestral items are hard to find and there are a few conditions that need to be met, in order to get your hands on these items. In this guide, we will be talking about how and when you can actually get Ancestral Items or Gear in Diablo 4.
How to Get Ancestral Items in Diablo 4
Here is what you need to do in order to unlock Ancestral Items or Gears in Diablo 4:
- You need to first complete the Diablo 4 Campaign with at least one character.
- Then you need to unlock the Nightmare mode which is in World Tier 3.
- To do this you need to Clear the Capstone Dungeon in World Tier 2 to unlock World Tier 3.
- Now Clear the Fallen Temple Capstone Dungeon in World Tier 3 difficulty (which is Nightmare). It is located in the Northeastern Dry Steppes.
- Head to any World Tier statue near you to change your difficulty to World Tier 4: Torment.
- The required level for this one is 70. So be sure you have enough experience to survive in this mode.
Once you unlock the Torment difficulty you will have access to Ancestral drops. Yes, only the highest difficulty mode in the game gives you Ancestral items. These are dropped randomly and there are no specific items that you can get from a specific enemy or a place.
This is how you can get Ancestral Gear or Items in Diablo 4.
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section below. Also, follow FPS Index for more guides on Diablo 4.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.