Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 comes as a sequel to the first game and this time you get to play with both Peter and Miles. The game features its own unique story where the “Spider-Men” go up against the Sandman, the Lizard, and of course, everyone’s favorite Venom.
Even though it plays really well on the PS5, there are quite a few users who are complaining about Spider-Man 2 crashing on their consoles.
If you are one of them, here is a guide that would help resolve the problem with Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 crashing on your PS5.
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is Crashing on the PS5 | How to FIX
It is pretty common for games to crash on consoles just as they would on PCs. However, figuring out what has caused it is the real challenge. We have a few steps that could help potentially fix any crash-related problems with Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.
Restart the Console:
The most basic troubleshooting begins with a simple restart of the console. Why not? There is no harm in trying and you will be shocked to know that in most cases a reboot actually fixes the issue.
Make Sure the Software is Updated:
The System Software updates include bug fixes and stability improvements. It is essential to have updated software on the console so that the game itself does not have compatibility issues with your current software. If it does, the game will only keep crashing until the console software is updated.
- Go over to Settings
- Select System
- Now select System Software from the left side.
- Click on System Software Updates and Settings
- Select Update System Software
Licensing Issues with Marvel’s Spider-Man 2:
Licensing issues are perhaps the most common reasons for games to crash on the PS5. Fixing them is really easy:
- Head over to Settings
- Now to User and Accounts
- Select Other from the left
- Then click on Restore Licenses.
Corrupted Saved Data:
A corrupted save file could easily prevent the game from either launching or just making it crash with an error CE-108255-1. Here is how you can delete corrupted save files.
- Go to Settings
- Then go to Storage
- Select Console Storage
- Go to Saved Data
- And then PS5 Games.
- Select the Data for Marver’s Spider-Man 2
- Delete it.
Is your PS5 Overheating?
The PlayStation 5 is known for its overheating problem which could easily be why the game crashes. Here is how you can fix it:
- The place where you keep a console is very important. There should be enough room for air to flow.
- Dirt on the cooling fan could easily be the reason for overheating. Clean the fan at least once in two weeks to make sure you have proper airflow.
- Also, clean up the small vents that let air flow to the power supply. If dust covers these vents, the power supply would heat up and games may start crashing on the PS5. Seek professional help for this if you are not sure how to do it.
Remove External Drives:
Although it is not very common, External Drives have been the reason for games crashing on the PS5 in the past. There could possibly be a conflict on data when you have one connected but you install the game on your PS5 storage or the other way round.
So if you have installed Marvel’s Spiderman 2 on your PS5 storage, disconnect the external drive. In case you have installed it on the external drive then re-install it on the PS5 storage and check whether or not the game crashes after launch.
Database Errors and Cached Data:
Ever since the launch of the PlayStation 5, it has been plagued with database errors. There is nothing to worry about though. The PS5 works by accessing a set of data from the database.
Let’s say you are playing Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 on the console. The PS5 would have to constantly access data in order to keep the game running. The faster this data is accessed, the better the game runs. The moment when the console is unable to access data, the game crashes.
Therefore Rebuilding the Database will help arrange data in a more systematic way that helps the PS5 to access it quickly without any interruptions. This is basically optimizing your console to work at its best. Also, clearing out cached data helps in the same process.
Here is how you can do both:
- Turn off your PS5 completely.
- Unplug the power cable and wait for 2 minutes.
- Plug in the controller to the USB.
- After that, plug back the power cable. Press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps. You will probably hear the last beep after 8 or 9 seconds. This is when you let of the power button. Your PS5 will boot up in Safe Mode.
- Press the PS button on the controller and use the D-pad to navigate through the menu on the screen.
- Select Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- Go ahead and click on Clear System Software Cache.
- After that, click on Rebuild Database.
It takes a while to rebuild the database and it depends on how much storage you have used on the PS5 already.
These steps should help you fix any crash-related problems with Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 on your PS5. If it doesn’t, try re-downloading the game after uninstalling it. A fresh download often does the trick.
If it is a game problem, you might have to wait for a patch fix.
There you go, that is all on “Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is Crashing on the PS5 | How to FIX”
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section below. Also, follow FPS Index for more guides on Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.