Nascar Heat 5 is here on all major gaming platforms. For those who are new to the franchise, it’s a game on the stockcar racing series, a game that lets you experience the thrill of the 2020 Nascar Cup Series.
If you are a fan of the Nascar Heat series you would love this game. However, for critics, there could be a question of whether this game was rushed. Since we could find a lot of similarities to its earlier installment.
With that being said, there are small issues with PC users. Even though the game has to be played on a controller since the keyboard and mouse are not supported, there are cases of lag and stutter during gameplay. Now we know how irritating stutters could be when it comes to a racing game. Let us see how we can fix it.
Nascar Heat 5 PC Lag Fix/ Stutter Fix / FPS Drop Fix
1) Minimum Requirements:
Make sure the game matches the minimum system requirements at least.
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Processor: Intel Core i3 530 or AMD FX 4100
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 460 or AMD HD 5870
- Storage: 18 GB available space
2) Update the drivers :
Make sure that your graphics drivers are all updated. If not you have to get it updated as soon as possible.
3) Adjusting Priority :
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del from your keyboard and select Task Manager
- Go to the Details tab
- Right Click on Nascar Heat 5.exe
- Select Set Priority and then select High.
4) Adjust NVIDIA Settings :
If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, you can tweak your settings to improve performance :
- Right-Click on your desktop and open the NVIDIA Control Panel
- Click Manage 3D settings.
- Select Program Settings and find NASCAR Heat 5 on the list.
- Set the Preferred refresh rate to “Highest available”.
- Set Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1.
- Set Threaded optimization to ON.
- Set Power Management Mode to “Prefer maximum performance”.
- Set Vertical sync to OFF.
- Click Apply and close the control panel.
These steps should help fix any lag or stutter in the game and also improve performance. However, you need to make sure you at least have the right hardware.
If the game does not meet the minimum requirements you won’t be able to run it smoothly or in some cases, you might not be able to run it at all. If that is the case then getting a hardware upgrade is the only option.
Enjoy the game and Drive like a Pro.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.