If you are having issues with your controller like it is not getting detected or not working, maybe getting disconnected in the middle of the game, you have come to the right place. In this guide, I will help you fix any controller-related problem for NBA 2K23.
NBA 2K23 Controller Not Working | How to Fix
NBA 2K23 is finally out on all major platforms and like every year the game looks really good visually. Although I expected the game to look better but anyhow it is an improvement over last year’s title visually.
As far as gameplay is concerned the game does play out pretty well. Overall I do not have much to complain about this year. However, there is an issue that many users are currently facing and that would be about their controllers not working in the game.
Now sports games are meant to be played with a controller. You do not get the same feel with a keyboard and mainly because you are at a huge disadvantage if you are on the board. Precision passing would be difficult as you only get 8 directions on the keyboard compared to the whole 360-degree rotation on the stick of a controller.
Controller Not Detected or Cannot Recognize Fix :
Firstly you have to understand what the problem is. There could be multiple reasons why the controller might not work depending on what the issue is. If in case the controller is not getting detected at all on your PC there here is what you need to do.
Normally Xbox controllers will work fine on the PC since they are both from Microsoft. However, it is the PlayStation controller that normally you have issues with.
Firstly you need to test whether your controller is fine :
- Change the USB port and check if it is working or not.
- if not then put some other device in the same port and check the device is working or not. This is just to make sure your USB port is fine or not.
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > View Devices and Printer and check if the controller is getting detected or not.
- If your USB ports are fine then there could be a possibility that your controller might be bad.
Let us not lose hope because this step might fix the problem.
- Right-click on the Windows icon at the bottom of the screen or press Windows + X on the keyboard.
- Now select Device Manager.
- Under Universal Serial Bus controllers check if you have something called ” USB Composite Device” with a yellow Triangle and an exclamation mark right before the word USB.
- Right-click on the device and press Uninstall device.
- Now unplug the controller and plug it back it.
- If it doesn’t get fixed repeat 2 or 3 more times.
- You can also try and Update Drivers for that USB component as well.
- You can also right-click and select Properties and then go to Power Management and uncheck the box that says “Allow computer to turn off this device to save power”
This should fix the problem of the controller not getting detected at all. However, if the controller is detected and not working with NBA 2K23 only then follow these steps :
You need to make sure you have opted out of Steam Beta. To do this go to Steam (top left) > Settings > Account > Change > Set to NONE – Opt out of all beta programs
- Click on Ok and Restart Steam.
- Plug out all devices like your controller, mouse, and keyboard. Then plug your controller first followed by your mouse and keyboard. Disable Virtual inputs like DS4 Windows, VJoy, and UJR.
If you still having problems then do these steps :
- If you have multiple Steam Library folders, there could be an issue if the main one is not selected. To add your main folder go to Steam>Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders > Add Library Folder. Now all you have to do is to select the main folder and add it.
- Open Steam Library and select NBA 2K23.
- Right-click and then select Properties > Controller > Override for NBA 2K23> Enable Steam Input.
- Restart Steam
If it still doesn’t work then :
- Click on the Big Picture Mode icon (top right) and then go to Manage Game
- Now go to Controller Options
- Followed by Steam Input per-game setting and select Forced on
- Exit Big Picture Mode.
- Restart Steam
This should fix any issues with the controller for NBA 2K23. However, I still have a few steps which could help you in case it does not get fixed :
- Go to the Steam option and then click on Settings.
- On the left side select Controller.
- Now select General Controller Settings.
- You will be taken to the Big Picture mode
- Check the box for PlayStation Configuration Support and Xbox Configuration Support.
- Then click on Back
- Restart Steam
This should resolve any controller-related issue with NBA 2K23.
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section down below. Also, follow FPS Index for more NBA 2K23 related guides.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.