Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 has a progression system very similar to the previous title. Every weapon and attachment has unique criteria that you need to meet in order to unlock them.
However, they have added the new Armory Unlock feature that lets you select specific weapons, equipment, or attachments and unlock them by completing Daily Challenges.
Sadly, there seems to be a bug that prevents the game from tracking your daily objectives. Keep reading the article to know how you can get this problem fixed.
[Solved] Daily Challenges Bug in Modern Warfare 3 (MW3)
Every AAA title is bound to come with its share of bugs and glitches and COD MW3 is no different. If you ask me, the game feels rushed. Yes, a lot of people loved the campaign mode but it is the online that actually counts. A bug that does not let you progress through the game is unacceptable and users have not held back in expressing their disappointment.
So is there a fix?
Well, there is no official fix to this but users have found ways in which they could solve the issue.
Here is what you need to do:
- Restart the game. A basic reboot of the game could do the trick.
- If restarting does not fix the problem, go ahead and delete all your Loadout. Only add one Loadout where you equip the weapon required for the Daily Objectives. For example, if the objectives require me to get 3 headshot kills with Marksman Rifles, I would keep only one loadout with a Marksman Rifle.
These steps did fix the problem for a few users. However, some of them suggested a file verification check as there could be a corrupted file causing the problem.
- Go to your Steam Library
- Now select Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
- Right-click and select Properties
- Select Installed files from the left
- Now click on Verify Integrity of game files
- Go to your Battle.net library
- Select Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
- Click on the Settings Icon
- Now select Scan and Repair.
Make sure you restart the client after the verification check is done. Any corrupted or missing file will be re-downloaded. You can also try reinstalling the game, but I don’t think that is necessary as it is clearly a bug where your progress does not register at the server level.
I hope they roll out a patch fix for this annoying glitch soon.
That is all on “Daily Challenges Bug in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (COD MW3)”
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section below and follow FPS Index for more guides on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (COD MW3).
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.