Tekken 8 is finally out and undoubtedly one of the best Tekken games the franchise has produced. The wait was long and worth it. The roster looks good, and the new heat feature further spices up the combat system.
However, for many PS5 users, the game seems to crash, freeze, or not launch at all. If you are one of them, this is just the right guide for you as we discuss some of the simplest fixes that could easily resolve these problems.
TEKKEN 8 is Crashing on PS5 (PlayStation 5) | How to FIX
There could be multiple reasons why Tekken 8 is crashing on your console. Figuring out the real cause of this issue could prove to be difficult which is why we are here to make sure we make things easier and proceed one step at a time.
Starting with the basics, restarting the console should be the first thing you should do. If you haven’t done that already go ahead and turn off your PlayStation console and switch it back on after a minute or two.
If the restart didn’t work, you need to make sure you have updated software for your console. Updated System Software versions include bug fixes and stability improvements and are essential for your console to run brand-new games. Sometimes older versions may not be compatible with newer games like Tekken 8.
- Go to Settings
- Click on System
- Then click on System Software.
- Select System Software Updates and Settings
- Finally, Click on Update System Software
Perhaps the most common reason for Tekken 8 crashing on your PS5 is a Licensing problem. These issues can be easily fixed and it stopped the game from crashing as they did for a lot of users:
- Go to Settings
- Then to User and Accounts
- Click on Other
- And then on Restore Licenses.
Corrupted Saved Data could be one of the reasons why Tekken 8 is crashing, freezing, or not launching on your PS5. The crash is normally followed by an error CE-108255-1 and can easily be fixed by deleting the corrupted save file.
- Go to Settings
- Then to Storage
- Click on Console Storage
- Then go to Saved Data
- Now select PS5 Games.
- Select the Saved Data for Tekken 8
- Delete it.
I would recommend deleting every saved data as there is no way to specifically find the corrupted one.
Overheating could also be one of the reasons. The PS5 always had heating issues and it could very well affect gaming in general.
- Firstly, you need to make sure the console is kept in a well-ventilated area with decent airflow. Avoid corners at all costs.
- Make sure you clean the fans at least once a week. Dirt on them could easily lead to heating issues.
- The small air vents also collect dirt on them. But cleaning them could be very tricky. So I would recommend getting it done by a professional.
External drives can be a reason why Tekken 8 keeps freezing and crashing on your PS5. It is rare but at times there could be a conflict of data between internal and external storage. If you have installed Tekken 8 on your internal storage, make sure you disconnect the external drive and then play the game.
In case it is installed on the external storage, I would recommend installing it on your internal storage and then checking if you come across any problems.
- Turn your PS5 off.
- Take the power cable out and wait for 2 minutes.
- Plug in the controller to the USB.
- Put the power cable back in.
- Now press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps. This may take 8 to 9 seconds.
- Release the power button on the second beep.
- This boots the console up in Safe Mode.
- Press the PS button on the controller and navigate through the options with the D-pad.
- Click on the option Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- Then on Clear System Software Cache.
- Finally, click on Rebuild Database.
It will take a while and your PS5 will automatically reboot after that. These steps will surely fix any freezing or crashing issues with Tekken 8 on your PlayStation 5.
As a last resort, you can re-download or re-install the game to see if it fixes the issue.
That is all on “TEKKEN 8 is Crashing on PS5 (PlayStation 5) | How to FIX”
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section below. Also, follow FPS Index for more guides on Tekken 8.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.