The Finals is undoubtedly one of the best FPS games out there. I love this game and have been playing it consistently during the Beta period and since its official release.
The game features 3 types of contestants based on their physical stature- Heavy, Medium, and Light. Heavies are the tanks with the most HP and have skills and equipment for survivability. But they lack mobility, letting them out at certain aspects of the game.
Mediums strike an incredible balance between mobility and survivability. They are often considered to be the best class and have the best Equipment and Abilities. Lights are the smaller more agile class with high mobility but extremely low survivability.
THE FINALS- How to Deal with INVISIBLE Light Contestants
Even though Lights are the easiest to kill, one of their abilities is surely the most annoying to deal with. Yes, I am talking about the Cloaking Device. This is a gadget that they use to make themselves partially invisible. The reason I say partially is simply because they are somewhat visible to others while moving but can be completely undetectable if they stand still.
I cannot tell you how many times I had been stunned from the back by a Light who had the Cloaking Device on. It is very easy to lose track of them especially at a distance and in the heat of battle they are impossible to detect.
So how would you deal with them?
Best way to deal with Lights having Cloaking Device:
There are a few ways that would help you detect these guys running around the map.
- Use Medium Contestants with Recon Senses. Yes, that is the best ability to counter the Cloaking Device. You can turn your Recon Sense on and see through walls. Any Cloaked Light will be caught and you will be able to see them through your Recon. However, the Recon lasts for a very short time so you better take them down before the ability expires.
- Whenever you are near a Cloaked Light contestant, you will hear a familiar glitching noise that indicates that they are near. Try to listen to that noise. The moment you hear it, have your guard up as there is a Light lurking behind you.
- The Medium’s Tracking Dart is also useful. If you manage to hit one of Cloak using Lights with the dart, you will be able to see him even if he turns invisible.
- The Light’s Glitch Grenade can be very useful. However, if you see a team with the Light contestant, throw the Glitch Grande at the team to make sure they cannot use any ability for 10 seconds.
- Lastly, the Medium’s Sonar Grenade could also be useful but it involves some guesswork. If you can hear the glitching noise around you and the Light is using a shotgun, throwing the sonar close to you could help you track any Light trying to stun you from behind.
So you can see how helpful Mediums can be for a team. They are undoubtedly the best counters for Lights using Cloaked Devices. As I said before, they are the easiest to kill, so the best way to deal with them as a team is to stick together and be each other’s backup.
The Lights will generally try to take down contestants who are separated from the team. They are more like kill and run kind of a class and that is why they always avoid 2 v 1 or a 3 v 1 scenario.
That is all on “THE FINALS- How to Deal with INVISIBLE Light Contestants”
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments section below. Also, follow FPS Index for more guides on The Finals.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.