This game is impressive simply because it carries a very unique concept of its own. You play as Cahal who could transform into Werewolf and a Crinos, which is a beast-like form. Since it is an RPG you have the scope to build the three forms according to your play style.
The game looks great and the combat feels very satisfying, to be honest. However certain users were not able to enjoy the game so much due to severe fps drops and stuttering. Even after lowering the visuals, there were performance issues. Let’s see how we can get this fixed.
Werewolf: The Apocalypse- Earthblood- LAG / FPS DROPS / STUTTERING ERROR FIX
Most of the time it is very difficult to figure out the main reason for performance issues and therefore we basically need to eliminate all of them just to be on the safe side. All you need to do is just follow these simple steps and I am sure you will be able to get a performance boost in the game.
Your System Configuration :
A lot of the time we try to force run a certain game on our PC even when we do not have the required configuration for that game. This would only result in the game running at very poor frames and will be lagging most of the time. It may also crash at startup if the requirements are not met. Therefore you need to know what setup is actually required to run the game on its minimum settings.
Intel Core i5-3470 | AMD FX-8370
Intel Core i7-8700 | AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
4 GB RAM
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650, 1 GB | AMD Radeon HD 7790, 1 GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 780, 3 GB | AMD Radeon R9 290, 4 GB
The minimum setup is what is required to run the game at its lowest performance. What I would recommend is that you need a config somewhere between the minimum and the recommended setup. In that way, you will be able to run the game smoothly.
Driver Updates are a Must :
If you have the required setup for the game, then you should also have the right drivers for the game. Having an old driver would only result in FPS drops and lag most of the time. Therefore you need to immediately check and see if your Graphics Drivers are updated or not. You can use the link below to check. If not make sure to have them updated asap.
The Right NVIDIA Control Panel Settings :
NVIDIA allows its users to take full advantage of the control panel. The panel has a huge variety of options that you could tweak to make your GPU perform a particular way for a particular game. Knowing which options to change could be tricky and that is what we are here for.
- Right-Click on your desktop and click on NVIDIA Control Panel
- Click on Manage 3D settings.
- Select Program Settings and look for Werewolf: The Apocalypse- Earthblood on the list.
- If you cannot find Werewolf: The Apocalypse- Earthblood in the given list then click on Add option and then select Browse
- Now, all we need to do is to go to the folder where the game is installed and select the .exe file from there.
- Set the Preferred refresh rate to “Highest available”.
- Set Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1.
- Set Threaded optimization to ON.
- Set Power Management Mode to “Prefer maximum performance”.
- Set Vertical sync to OFF.
- Click on Apply and close the window.
The Right AMD Control Panel Settings :
Well, just like NVIDIA would let its users access a control panel, AMD would also have a similar feature. This is how you could tweak your AMD Control Panel settings
- Anti-Aliasing Mode: Use Application settings
- Anti-aliasing Method: Multi-sampling
- Morphological Filtering: Off
- Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Use application settings
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
- Surface Format Optimization: On
- Wait for V-sync: Off
- OpenGL Triple Buffering: Off
- Shader Cache: AMD optimized
- Tesselation Mode: Override application settings
- Maximum Tesselation Level: Off
- GPU Workload: Graphics
- Chill: Off
- Frame Rate Target Control: Disabled
Make use of the new Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Windows 10 only) :
This feature is fairly new and is only available for windows 10 users. You need to be on the latest build of windows to use get this feature in the first place. This feature gives you a boost in performance for all the games you play on your PC. Turning it On is pretty easy. this is how it is done :
- Type Graphics settings on the search bar below.
- Select the option Graphics settings
- Now just turn On Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling
You need to have the NVIDIA In Game Overlay OFF right away (Nvidia users) :
NVIDIA gives us a pretty useful tool such as the GeForce Experience when it comes to recording gameplay, taking snapshots or instant replays, highlights, etc. What we ignore is that the app consumes a lot of Disk and CPU Usage.
The background processes that run along with this app are what cause the Disk and CPU usage to rise. If you have a very average PC you will face a lot of FPS Drops and Stuttering if you keep the overlay on. Turn it OFF if you just want smooth gameplay. You can always turn it back on if you need it.
- Start Nvidia GeForce Experience
- Click on the Settings icon on the top right
- Select the General Tab
- Turn Off In-Game Overlay
- Restart the PC
You can also Verify the In-Game Files :
It is possible that during the download a file or 2 went missing. This normally happens when you pause a download too many times. Or a certain file could be corrupted which could result in crashes and poor performance. Luckily Epic Games allows you to do a verification of in-game files. If a file is corrupted or missing it will re-download it.
- Launch Epic Games Launcher
- Click on Library
- Select Werewolf: The Apocalypse- Earthblood from the list and click on the Three Dots ( … ).
- Click on Verify.
And that is it. Just a few basic steps you need to get a nice performance boost in the game. But in case the issue persists then you would have to wait for a patch fix. since it could very well be an issue from the developer’s end.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.