Is your controller not getting detected in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty?
No need to worry, as this guide will help you solve all Controller issues occurring with Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Controller Not Working | How to Fix
Wo Long is a Linear Open-World RPG set in 1984 AD. You play as a nameless protagonist who is meant to protect and secure the Three Kingdoms from being taken over by demons and enemy soldiers.
Like any other RPG, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty gives you the scope of using various weapons that fit different playstyles. You also get to use wizardry spells on enemies which helps you deal elemental damage like fire and ice.
The game features extremely detailed character customization as well. As far as combat goes, you are looking forward to a hack-and-slash style of swordplay based on old Chinese martial arts.
Games like Wo Long give you the best experience when played with a controller. However, there are multiple users complaining about the game not recognizing their controller at all or nothing happening when they press the buttons prompted on the screen.
How to Fix Controller Problems in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty:
There could be many reasons why a controller might not work with a game. Since we do not know exactly what is causing it, we will try to perform several steps to narrow down our options.
Xbox controllers work like a gem on PC because they are from Microsoft. The Playstation controllers how could give you trouble at times.
Let us first check if the controller is fine or not.
- We can check the USB port or see if the controller light is On or not.
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > View Devices and Printer and check if the controller is getting detected or not.
- If the controller is detected then it is fine. A Bluetooth controller would show as a “Wireless Controller“
If in case you do not see your controller. Then follow this:
- Right-click on the Windows icon at the bottom of the screen or press Windows + X on the keyboard.
- Now select Device Manager.
- Then expand the option called Universal Serial Bus controllers
- Check if there is a yellow Triangle and an exclamation mark before something called ” USB Composite Device”
- Right-click on the device and press Uninstall device.
- Unplug the controller and then plug it back in.
- Repeat 2 or 3 more times if it does not recognize on the first attempt.
- Also, right-click and select Properties
- Now go to Power Management and uncheck the box that says “Allow computer to turn off this device to save power”. If in case your computer is in power-saving mode, the USB controller would not be used. We need to make sure this should not be the case.
In case, you are controller is getting recognized but cannot use it in the game, then we would have to do some changes in Steam. Make sure you have opted out of Steam Beta. Go to :
- Steam (top left) > Settings > Account > Change > Set to NONE – Opt out of all beta program
- Click on Ok and Restart Steam
- Plug out all input devices like the keyboard, mouse, and controller. Plug in the controller first and then the other ones.
- Do not use apps like DS4 Windows, DSX, VJoy, and UJR.
If you are still having issues then do these:
- Some users may have more than one steam library folder. For example, if you have an HDD and an SSD, then you might have two folders. To change this go to Settings>Download>Steam Library Folders and then choose the one where the game is installed.
- Now click on your Library option on the top and go to Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
- Right-click and then select Properties > Controller > Override for Wo Long Fallen Dynasty> Enable Steam Input.
- Restart Steam Client
If this still does not work follow these steps.
- Go to theSteam>Settings
- Now select Controller
- Followed by General Controller Settings.
- Check the box for PlayStation Configuration Support (PS Controller) and Xbox Configuration Support (Xbox Controller) and Generic Gamepad Configuration Support (For any controller other than PS and Xbox)
- Now just exit from the screen
- Restart Steam
Up until now, the controller problem should have been fixed. However, if by chance the issue still persists, then go ahead and follow this step.
The default input device for this game on PC would be a controller. This can however be changed from the System>Control Settings.
You can either choose from Controller Type A or Type B, Mouse Enabled, and Keyboard Only.
Try switching to the keyboard or mouse options and then switching back to the controller.
Hopefully, these steps should help you fix any controller related problems with Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. If it is a problem with the game itself then a patch from the devs might fix it.
I hope the guide was helpful. Please let us know in the comments below. Also, follow FPS Index for more guides on Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
Arya is an avid gamer and a full-time content writer. His love for games is so unconditional that despite having a degree in Mass Communication he chose to have a career in the blogging world. He is a FIFA lover and has played every single FIFA game released since 2005. His knowledge of Sports Games is impeccable and every single article he writes is backed by years of experience.